+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to get someone fall in love with you again?

how to get someone fall in love with you again?

Does anyone have any advice on how to relight the flame of a what seems to be a dying relationship?
    My boyfriend of a year seems to be growing distant, and I feel there's nothing I can do to stop it. I definitely dont want to exacerbate the situation by becoming super-clingy, but I dont know how else to act from the stress this is causing me. We've spent almost all our time together in the last year, and I suppose now he just wants some time for himself, and I can understand that. We go to school together and take 4 of the same classes, so we're going to be spending a lot of time helping each other out and studying. Ive been struggling to try and limit the number of times I call him and hang out with him..but while Im at it, any tips on how to freshen things up in general? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty001 View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on how to relight the flame of a what seems to be a dying relationship?
    My boyfriend of a year seems to be growing distant, and I feel there's nothing I can do to stop it. I definitely dont want to exacerbate the situation by becoming super-clingy, but I dont know how else to act from the stress this is causing me. We've spent almost all our time together in the last year, and I suppose now he just wants some time for himself, and I can understand that. We go to school together and take 4 of the same classes, so we're going to be spending a lot of time helping each other out and studying. Ive been struggling to try and limit the number of times I call him and hang out with him..but while Im at it, any tips on how to freshen things up in general? Thanks.
    You fell into the trap that most couples fall into. Since it was so new and fresh, you wanted to spend as much time with each other as possible. Unfortunately, that kills a lot of relationships because by the time you leave the honeymoon stage, the flame is gone.

Honestly, all you can do right now is try to give each other some space and make the dates that you have very, very memorable.
    I don't chase, I replace.