+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it possible to fall in love with someone you have never met.

is it possible to fall in love with someone you have never met.

Hi this is my first post, il do a introduction post later.

first and foremost my question

is it possible to fall in love with someone you have never met?

more specifically - over the net,phone etc

someone wake me up to reality please - i apologize if this has been talked about before... i really just grabbed the laptop & surfed over here to post

Basically a QUICK run down on the situation/idea of what im talking about before you call me a nutter lol

Met this girl 4/5 years ago through a friend i know in person, she gave me her email and since then we have been talking to each other everyday for the passed 4 years, msn, phone my space email and web cam. BTW our currant age is im 22 shes 18. However the last couple of years our feelings have greatly intensified... there is def. something there but i guess i will not know for sure if its real or works until we've finally met in person. we are a few years apart so that does complicate things a little i guess, but nothing that cannot be worked out. For some reason we have never met even tho we talk about it all the time. Over the 4 years we have exchanged photos videos etc so there is some connection, we always know whats going on in eachothers lives, she lives about an hour away from me and i know her friends and she knows my freinds but the wierd thing is iv never met her! Im not sure why maybe its the nerves i guess? But lately we have been arguing and getting really frustrated with each other because we really want to be with each other physicaly, like we can both feel these intense emotions, but there are some obstacles blocking us from seing eachother (her Family & some of my personal issues etc) i wont go into that 2 much as it is personal. The story is alot more complicated but i hope you get the jist, so yes i was wondering is it possible 2 fall in love with someone youv talked to for that long and exchanged so much with over the years. I find myself thinking about her every second of the day, over the passed 4 years and more recently we have told eachother we love each other and she believes i am her soulmate, we have talked about meeting up but we 1st both have a few things to work out before we can make it happen. i really care about this woman, and look forward to meeting her & seeing where this goes.

she told me a a little while ago that she was falling in love with me and ive been thinking about what she has said ever since. i know it sounds crazy & maybe it is, maybe we are both nutjobs but what are you going to do. lots of diff. ppl meet in other very unconventonial ways and make it work dont they? i care about her and she makes me feel great...im hoping to meet her someday soon and see if the chemistry is still there.So basically we have grown to know eachother and can feel something there, its very intense.sorry for the essay i hope you get what im trying to say.

maybe someone out there has or is in the same shoes that im in and made it work and has a story to share?
    Last edited by Neversaynever; 14-09-08 at 04:36 PM.

Well for me personally i don't think it's possible to fall in love over the net/phone because sometimes a person can be totally different in real life and the fact that there is no physical contact makes it harder.
    Talking to someone for 4 years and not meeting them seems abit strange, especially if you say you have such a strong connection.

If you really like each other as much as you say, why don't you guys make the effort to meet up? 1 hour away isn't too far. You guys could just meet up for coffee or something?

For me, its really possible Loving a person you haven't met. We fall in love to them the way they cared us, the way they update us every now and then.

But one thing i have this always in my mind,,, Are they really sincere of what they said, what they do?

Through phone/net and personal have a big difference.
    PHONE-NET---you don't know the real attitude of the person. Showing concern through phone and net is not the only factor that you think you're already destined or somewhat like you will be a great partner. You don't see/know him/her personally. Stranger.

Unlike when you see that person personally, you can judge her/him or see his/her real attitude. Its also better when you always see the person to update/show concern to him/her. The more you see each other, the more to get to know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by agatha View Post
    For me, its really possible Loving a person you haven't met. We fall in love to them the way they cared us, the way they update us every now and then.

But one thing i have this always in my mind,,, Are they really sincere of what they said, what they do?

Through phone/net and personal have a big difference.
    PHONE-NET---you don't know the real attitude of the person. Showing concern through phone and net is not the only factor that you think you're already destined or somewhat like you will be a great partner. You don't see/know him/her personally. Stranger.

Unlike when you see that person personally, you can judge her/him or see his/her real attitude. Its also better when you always see the person to update/show concern to him/her. The more you see each other, the more to get to know each other.
    I disagre with part of this you said that you meet someone in person and you get to know who they are. Well thats no intirely true in my case. My bf or whatever u wanna call him, he went to meet this girl he met online. From the very begining of talking with her he hasn't been hiself. He's been lying to her constantly and pretending to be someone hes not. He's curently back east visiting her and he's probably acting like someone hes not.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Neversaynever View Post
    Hi this is my first post, il do a introduction post later.

first and foremost my question

is it possible to fall in love with someone you have never met?

more specifically - over the net,phone etc
    Here's your reality check. The answer is NO.

It IS possible to 'fall in love' with an *idea* you have created in your mind about another person. But until you actually meet someone & get to know them in person, what you are dealing with is a fantasy. No different from the millions of fans who 'fall in love' with their favourite celebrity.

Anyone who tells you different is deluded.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yes it is possible to fall in love on the net but from personal experience it is a different type of love when physical contact is not there. it is great for starting a relationship but 4 years is long enough and if it'll probably just deteriorate after 4 years if it's not taken to the next level