+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes you see a girl as more than a hookup?

What makes you see a girl as more than a hookup?

If you hook up with a girl who is more attractive than most girls youve hooked up with, are you more likely to want to be in a relationship with her?

Or if shes less attractive than girls you could "get with" are you likely to drop her.

Umm.. physical attraction doesn't have much to do with it for me, but if I had to answer the question, I'd say it's the total opposite of what you've described. The more attractive, and further out of my league the girl is, the less likely I am to want to build a relationship with her.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    personality is what makes or breaks relationships for me.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Yeah, that's what I think. I'm just curious though cause my sister once told me that people always settle for the best physically attractive person they can get. So, usually this leads to people of equal attractiveness getting married. And when you look at couples, this is often--but of course not always--true.

Also, I learned something similar to this in psychology. What if its there and we dont realize it but it happens. Kind of depressing.

I'm a fairly attractive dude, so I've never felt that any woman was "above", me in looks. For me it's all about the chemistry.

If I'm hooking up with a chick, there's most likely chemistry there already. If she's clearly cuter than normal/average girls I hook up with, and the chemistry continues to be there, I will more than likely date her.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferx View Post
    If you hook up with a girl who is more attractive than most girls youve hooked up with, are you more likely to want to be in a relationship with her?

Or if shes less attractive than girls you could "get with" are you likely to drop her.
    Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferx View Post

What makes a girl seem like more than a hookup?

Hmmm, let's see:

1) When I actually love and respect her
    2) Women who are intellectually sharp
    3) Women who use the class and brain power to get me as opposed to dangling sexual dalliance out there as a motivator.
    4) I'd marry a classy plain looking girl so long as she was interesting intellectually and a good friend and partner in life.

You're right. We TEND to settle for the most attractive girl we can. At least what is attractive in OUR eyes. That's the whole reason we approach a girl in the first place, we find her attractive.
    Now, what you need to understand is that attractive is NOT a look. It's an attitude.
    And this is directly related to your question about what makes a girl more than a hook up.

As far as the attitude, YES, intelligent and classy is something we all dream about. But it's still not everything.
    If i saw a group of girls with three 10s and two 7s. And i saw the 7 had a gentle smile and looking calm and assured, i'd be more attracted to her than the 10's. Reason? She's giving me the impression that she MAY be a down to earth girl that is HERSELF and comfortable with it. That's attractive.
    That's all i need to look pass hook up. If when i look in her eyes it's not all about a game of who catches who.

It really depends on who she is. I am not the type for the one night hookup.

It depends on what you mean by "more attractive." If by "more attractive," you mean interesting, savvy, and stimulating, then yes. If you mean "dumb blonde," then no.

For me, I hit it and quit it on attractive women. Most of the attractive women already know what they are going for and for how long they want to stick around. Most attractive women think they can get any guy they want and so I know the relationship won't last long.

Its rare to find a attracted women who is serious about a relationship. Very rare.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After hooking up with a girl, there will have to be more than attractiveness for me to want to start a relationship.

Like ... imagine the most delicious meal you've ever had ... You don't crave it as much when you're already full. The meal would have to have some kind of exceptional quality for you to want to digest it, being full and all.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

This is how I see it:

-If she's hot and not very bright, then she's a hookup.
    *She would also lose points though if she was considerably smarter than I am. But not as bad as being dumb.

-If she's smart but not hot enough, then she's a friend.

-If she's both, then she's relationship potential. Generally, if you have those 2 covered and you have a sweet personality (it's the direct opposite of a bitchy personality), are cheerful, and loyal, you'd probably be a great catch and the relationship will hold (until you break up with him or you get old and he cheats on you).

Also, one thing I'd like to add is that any guy who tries to downplay the importance of looks is either lying through his teeth or just ignorant of how our minds work.

Lucky for you though that short of being fat or having a huge deformity, there's always gonna be a handful of guys that will find you attractive.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 28-11-09 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy View Post
    For me, I hit it and quit it on attractive women. Most of the attractive women already know what they are going for and for how long they want to stick around. Most attractive women think they can get any guy they want and so I know the relationship won't last long.

Its rare to find a attracted women who is serious about a relationship. Very rare.
    That is strange stereotyping. So you will rather purposely date uglier women because you think it has more success? That is strange to me.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast