+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Loving two people

Loving two people

Can you be in love with two people at once? My current partner says he is not quite over his ex, but he loves me very much. Can you really love your current partner if your not really over your ex? I know I deserve someone that can love me with his whole heart, but I feel like I should give this relationship a try. He says he is actively trying to work past these old feelings. I'm pretty sure he has been honest with me about his feelings. A part of me just wants to leave and be done with it. Another part of me does have some feelings for him and wants to try to make it work. I'm so torn about his feelings for me and whether or not to stay. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LC897 View Post
    Can you be in love with two people at once? My current partner says he is not quite over his ex, but he loves me very much. Can you really love your current partner if your not really over your ex?
    You can love a lot of people at the same time, your parents, friends, siblings, but it's a different kind of love to the one in a committed relationship. What type of love does he feel for his ex? Does he love her as a friend? If yes then it's okay and let it go. If he loves her in a way that he's going to cheat on you any day now, then you should leave.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    You can love a lot of people at the same time, your parents, friends, siblings, but it's a different kind of love to the one in a committed relationship. What type of love does he feel for his ex? Does he love her as a friend? If yes then it's okay and let it go. If he loves her in a way that he's going to cheat on you any day now, then you should leave.
    do you truly believe that a man can love a woman and lust for her? especially if had previous sexual experiences with her?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things