+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heres a good one from a new member.

Heres a good one from a new member.

What would you do?
    I'm a 42yo (looks 30) 6'2" blonde business owner, surfer, musician. I just broke up with my casual girlfriend.
    We've been hanging out together for 7 mos.
    We've spent a nominal amout of time on her livingroom couch talking and enjoying some very minor cuddling into early morning. (her head resting on a pillow on my lap).
    In various times of the day I've given her a few pecks on the cheek but no respnse back, I've wrapped my arm around her waist but no response back, I've tried to gently hold her hand-u guessed it, no response back. I took her to a weekend getaway, no affection. formal hi and goodbye hugs are the most frenquent embraces. She's well aware I'm highly attracted to her. But she has never proactively told me she likes me though she enjoys spending time with me.
    Our most common form of communication is through texts.
    She has invited me out 1 x in 7mos. I've have invited her to do things many times and have received mostly "no, too busy". Outside of hanging out in her condo (we spent a fair amount of time during the eve's in the condo) we haven't done a whole lot though I've asked.
    She has told me she can't give what I've gently asked for which is to hold hands, embrace a bit etc...
    After numerous verbal discussions about her lack of affection toward me after 7months I texted her asking if "we play for the same team?" I've really wondered lately. Was it wrong to inquire about her sexuality after 7months of "friendship"?

Nope. You have every right to inquire and try to figure out where you are standing in your relation with her.

I suggest to read up on the term passive agressive, it may help you understand why she is the way she is. Google should be your friend there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try making more money? That should help.

That was a joke. Sort of.

Anyway, after 7 months, if you haven't got some 'go ahead' signals, I'd say she definitely isn't into you. That way. Friends yes, lover? Hell no.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She sounds selfish. Stay away.

This sounds like a "her" problem. You'll find someone else, don't worry.
    Spammer Spanker

i probably would have moved on after 7 mos of the activity you described.

I lauged when I read your question because before I even finished reading I was thinking "Dude, maybe she's a lesbian." Well, those are my two cents.
    I'm my own damn hero because the only person saving me is me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]