+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can hanging too much cause anxiety?

Can hanging too much cause anxiety?

hey all-- I wrote an earlier topic entitled "weird feelings", and I was presented with the issue of not seeing friends (away at school during the year) and spending around 5 days aweek with my girlfriend might be too much? however, I love this girl with all of my heart, and I'm curious if this can cause anxiety?

I'm feeling it, and I'm not sure if its from that, what to do, or how to bring it up to her (I wanna always be honest with her). how do you let someone know you wanna hang out less without hurting their feelings? I adore this gal!

hope you guys can give me some insight. this feeling is bugging the hell out of me.

well the ****ing question is what do YOU want to do, not what you SHOULD do - if you want to spend time with her, then do it - mates will eventually take a back seat to your partner, just dont completely forget about them cause they will probably be the only ones who will tell it tou you like it is even if it "hurts your feelings", just make an arrangement to have a boys night out every week or something, surely your precious time can be divided

If you do want to spend less time with this girl, how you go around telling her, i have no ****ing clue, from experience females tend to overreact and take shit the wrong way

I'm with zro on this- I can't imagine how you're going to present this in such a way that it will be something she'll like.

I think you should back off gradually if you feel you're spending too much time with her. The idea of scheduled time with your friends like the boy's night out zro suggested is a good one.

There's a difference between being honest and being hurtful. She doesn't need to participate in every step of your thought process.
    Spammer Spanker