+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have a boyfriend, but I find myself falling for another guy, what to do?

I have a boyfriend, but I find myself falling for another guy, what to do?

So I met my current boyfriend online, came down to visit a few times and eventually moved down here. He never once mentioned anything about coming up to see me, or offering to help pay for the plane tickets, as he hadn't had a job in two years. I love him to death but lately he's been really cranky and says it's because of his new job and he apologized after I told him how hurt I was. I have another online friend that I have been confiding in because I have been going through trouble with my current boyfriend. I find myself falling for the second man and hoping to talk to him more and more each day. I was going to go to school in IA but I put it all on hold to come be with my boyfriend and I don't really feel like he appreciates all I've done and sacrificed to be with him. I feel like he has a lot of growing up to do but I still love him dearly. Any advice would be great because I'm pulling my hair out here.

I can tell your young. Very young. STOP with the online stuff. If you honestly love your boyfriend you will discuss your issues as an adult not run to your Guild Mate on World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    I can tell your young. Very young. STOP with the online stuff. If you honestly love your boyfriend you will discuss your issues as an adult not run to your Guild Mate on World of Warcraft.
    I'm 20 years old. And who said anything about World of Warcraft?

I think this is something you need to work through with your current boyfriend. Every relationship goes through phases like this and confiding significantly in some online friend is probably not a great idea.

There is nothing wrong with getting advice online, obviously this site wouldn't exist otherwise and all of us are "confiding" with someone online to an extent. But it is is a bad idea to do it so intensively that it could possibly ruin your relationship.

I'm just guessing here, but if you are investing a lot of time with this other guy talking about your boyfriend problems, you probably are not spending enough time talking to your boyfriend about it. It sounds like you still have a good thing going and this would be a pretty crappy way to end it.

Tell him exactly what is bothering you, guys like that. Make sure that he understands that the way he acts because of his job is still hurting you, and be perfectly clear about it. Most guys don't understand subtleties. Tell him what he would need to change to remedy the situation. I know if a girl told me that, I would want to try and do whatever I can to make sure she is happy -- it is just that many times I'm not sure what that is.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by JohnnyGileaid; 17-06-09 at 02:04 AM.

I cant really understand PERSONALLY how you can fall for someone online...you can maybe fall for what someone is saying but how do you really know they are telling you the truth.
    I would end things with your current boyfriend if you are falling for another person its not fair on your bf.

You fall for someone online when you have no self esteem and can't find some else that has as low self esteem as you that is local.

Grow up and make a choice. Stand behind your choice and deal with the consequences thereoff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]