+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are these feelings?

What are these feelings?

Ok so many of you know that my gf and I of 3 years broke up a little over 2 months ago. I'm pulling along quite well which I'm happy about, but now there is this new girl... kinda...
    I'm sure when I say this next part most of you are just going to go "Oh not this again" or something like that.
    Well this new girl I dont know personally, I have only see pictures of her on facebook and know about her through a friend (who is actually trying to hook us up) Many people get all weirded out when I mention that I have only seen pictures and yet I like her but how is this any different then liking someone that you see in class but have never talked to? I dont think it is different at all.
    This is the first girl I've actually had that "butterfly" feeling for since my gf and I broke up. I'll see a pic of her and just get that feeling. It seems weird to me in a way also. This girl isn't insanely hot, I would just say she is cute (which I like better in a girl). Also you can tell a lot from pictures. I could tell that she was out-going yet she wasnt the person that stuck out in a group since she seemed quiet and shy in a way, and when I told this to my friend that knows her she said that this is exactly what she is, and I like that trait also.

So I guess what I'm asking, is it weird to like someone that you have never met?

I also expect to meet up with her probably sometime this week or weekend. I'm just afraid of having those awkward conversations that dont really go over well. I'm not the greatest at the whole 1 on 1 thing. I guess I will ask more about that when the time comes.

Nothing unusual at all, but there is a HUGE difference between liking someone you've seen in person and liking someone you have seen only online.

The genuine essential attraction, or chemistry, for someone can only happen in person for some reason. I've known people who developed significant emotional relationships online, saw pictures, even played on webcams. So by the time they met, they both had the attraction butterflies. But upon first meeting in person, WHAM! The chemistry disappeared for one or the other!

Heck, there was a thread on this just last week.

Carl.

Well, swargy, I hope you like her this much in person. That would be great!

Be careful, though. You know these rebound things can get out of hand and people can get hurt.
    Spammer Spanker

I know exactly what you mean Carl, and ya Giga I really do hope it works out.

I'm actually comfortable getting into another relationship right now as I think I would be getting into it for the right reasons. 2 weeks ago I wouldnt have been able to say that as I would probably be getting in a relationship just to fill the void. I just know that she also recently got out of a relationship so that could be bad also, I guess we'll see how things go.