+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just looking for some opinions

Just looking for some opinions

Hey just wanted see if you guys think I'm right in feeling this way. The story is my girlfriend went to a party and got drunk beyond memory or so she says. She played strip poker with people. Then she was dared to make out with another girl. The two girls ended up having sex while the guys watched. She says they told her she was never touched by the guys. Either way this was a few months ago and she lied then saying that she only made out with the girl. Yesterday she brought it up again but lied to my face saying her and the girl were alone and now today she told me about everything else which she said is the whole truth. I feel hurt, betrayed, and kinda cheated on because we have by no means an open relationship. Is it OK that I feel this way? What should I do?

You have two choices:

1. Leave her right now before you get any further involved in this mess and stay with her while not trusting her and always wondering what she's doing after she drinks when she's not with you. Or ...
    2. Forgive her 100% after you've laid down some ground rules that state what you are and are not ever going to tolerate in the future and then get on with your life while putting this behind you never to be dredged up everytime the two of you have an unrelated disagreement.

Don't stay with her while you can't forgive her and have a relationship based on how you can make her pay for her mistake... that's just dysfunctional and it will steal the joy from both of you.

You decide what's next.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion