+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sister dating older guy

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Sister dating older guy

OK, I just found out about 20 minutes ago that my nearly 21 year old sister is dating a 38 year old man. Some of you probably know how critical I am of large age differences, and when I found this out I immediately envisioned certain very bad things happening to this man.

Apparently she has been going out with this guy for a few weeks now, going to bars and such with him. I didn't know about this until now. The rest of my family does not know, they are very traditional when it comes to things such as this. Anyways I know this guy myself, I've known him for more than a year. He's a "nice" guy and funny, but ****ing 38 years old. In my opinion, nice guys don't date people 18 years younger. There is only one thing a 38 year old would want to have to do with a 20 year old.

So she told me about this and I told her what I thought. I told her that a 38 year old and a 20 year old have very different life experiences and will not have much in common. I told her I did not think it was a good idea, and to imagine him in 15 years. I also said they would both have different "interests". She said it was not serious, which I believe. Like I said, I know this guy and liked him, but now that he's ****ing going out with my 20 year old sister?

I also asked her what was wrong with people her own age. She told me that there was no difference between dating someone her age and dating someone 38 years old. BULLSHIT.

What I want to know is, what do I tell her? I've always hated older guys dating younger girls (I mean large age differences), and when I found out my sister was doing just this.. You have no idea.

tell her to image her dating your father.. the mental image may help ur case..

anachronistic Guest
    You should tell her how much it would upset your family, as well as her friends.

Explain to her your thoughts on why older men shouldn't be dating younger girls. Be honest with her, and be friendly.

It will feel silly talking down to someone that is older than you, especially when it's your sister. If she doesn't listen to you, don't let it become your problem.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not what you tell her. It's what you tell him.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sisters are damned tricky. I've got one sister a year younger than me and I'd be fuming in your shoes.

Like Gribble says, I'd have a word to him. Just ask him what he thinks he's doing. Don't have to threaten violence, just embarass him, because it is a ****ing embarassment.

I guess it also depends on what kind of girl your sister is. I used to be much more protective of my own, because she used to seem much more vulnerable. Now she's such a headkicker it's the guys I feel sorry for. She makes me look like the Dalai Lahma.

anachronistic Guest
    I feel sorry for any guy that tries to date my sister in about... 14 years when she's at that age. My step dad is so big and nasty, he'd scare anyone away.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Although I think it is adorable how all you males are so protective, I have to point out she is 21. The original poster doesn't get to decide who his sister dates. It is very likely this "relationship" will amount to nothing, and if he comes on too strong with his sister and her boyfriends, he may alienate her permanently.

I do like the idea of asking him WTF is wrong with dating women of a more suitable age, though...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks for the replies. I talked to her again this morning and asked her what she planned on doing when she went back to school (6 hour drive away). She said that it would "obviously" end at the beginning of the schoolyear. Which for her is around mid-August.

And yeah Vashti, she is almost 21, but she is also my sister. I guess I'll just stay out of things until college starts.

38, damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I talked to her again this morning and asked her what she planned on doing when she went back to school (6 hour drive away). She said that it would "obviously" end at the beginning of the schoolyear. Which for her is around mid-August.

And yeah Vashti, she is almost 21, but she is also my sister. I guess I'll just stay out of things until college starts.
    Basically she is just ****ing him till school starts?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Its like she ****ing with dad.
    Don't expect anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Its like she ****ing with dad.
    Yeah.

Only they're not related.

wow. i'm ten years younger than him and i don't think i could date a 21 year old. to me people that age are still teenagers. they still kinda look and act like teenagers.

but whatever floats their boats.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    wow. i'm ten years younger than him and i don't think i could date a 21 year old.
    Yeah but you're a girl. Girls don't usually date younger guys.

you mean girls aren't perverted child molesters like you guys are?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you mean girls aren't perverted child molesters like you guys are?
    Hey wait a minute, don't put me in the same boat as people like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast