+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just dumped by text.. can you get any lower than that?!

Just dumped by text.. can you get any lower than that?!

Hey guys,

Well my beautiful, charming yet obviously cowardly girlfriend of 3 months has just decided to dump me by text tonight. My girlfriend who 3 weeks ago told me she loved me and no one had ever made her feel as special I do.

Things have gone really weird the last two weeks and she has gone really quiet so I asked her what has been going on and why she was quiet and she hasnt given me anything but telling me to stop stressing. Last night annoyed me because she still hadnt replied to a text from a few days before so when she did text me I just told her that we both needed to put more effort into our relationship.

Today she has text me saying she is not going to explain herself to me and its finished and good luck in the future. I'm really quite gob smacked as I think finishing someone by text so close to Christmas with no explanation is disgusting. I have paid for us both to go on a city break in Jan as a present for her but I guess I will be changing the ticket to one of my friends names.

Surprisingly I am actually quite happy that I will have to no longer be with a girl who obviously doesn't have respect and is messed up. Its her loss and some other woman who actually acts like a woman will hopefully come into my life soon.

Quite shocked right now, im in a daze but I needed to let my feelings out!

I feel your pain.

My girlfriend of 4.5 years broke up with me thru text messaging about 4 weeks ago. She kept her distance from me for a few weeks then next thing you know comes those digital words on a stupid cell phone. I was in a state of shock as well, still am actually. Someone whom you could build up in your mind to be so special could not even have the decency to speak face to face.

Feel free to get your feelings off your chest on here. It'll help in the recovery.

4.5 years.. and I thought mine was bad! Chin up dude... I honestly think that if someone does dump you by text then they are immature and don't really understand how relationships work. Funny thing is im 21 and my ex is 23!

Quote Originally Posted by mikethom View Post
    4.5 years.. and I thought mine was bad! Chin up dude... I honestly think that if someone does dump you by text then they are immature and don't really understand how relationships work. Funny thing is im 21 and my ex is 23!
    Tryin' my best man. I've apologized and am now trying to learn from my shortcomings which played a part in all of it....... but she on the other hand just sent a few text messages, dusted her hands off, then completely cut me off.

Ironic that you're the younger of you two and you knew better. Us guys get such a bad rap sometimes.

Yeah guys do get bad rap most of the time! I'm on facebook now and I'm not too sure about changing my status to single now straight away and ending relationship on there to kind of show her that theres no going back now after finishing through text.. and there really isn't as much as I have a feeling she will be contacting me again next week!

Quote Originally Posted by mikethom View Post
    Yeah guys do get bad rap most of the time! I'm on facebook now and I'm not too sure about changing my status to single now straight away and ending relationship on there to kind of show her that theres no going back now after finishing through text.. and there really isn't as much as I have a feeling she will be contacting me again next week!
    I was the first one to change my "statuses" ...... I ended up removing my her from Facebook and Myspace about a week ago .... it was in the middle of the night, I was sad and frustrated ....... I kind of regret it, but what's done is done now I guess.

I'm joining your league fellas. My ex broke up with me by texting at 1 am lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    I'm joining your league fellas. My ex broke up with me by texting at 1 am lol.
    Welcome to h*ll ..........lol

That ex you posted about belongs in an asylum, you can and will do better man!

Yea I can't text because it makes me look lame when asking a girl out but girls can text a break up? lame. Bitch her out. Tell her she could tell you something like that to your face.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Yea I can't text because it makes me look lame when asking a girl out but girls can text a break up? lame. Bitch her out. Tell her she could tell you something like that to your face.
    Ironic isn't it?

I swear, as much as I like the novelty of texting - it's being abused. It's doing a disservice to personal communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post

Nope, she'd only enjoy the negative attention.

His best bet is no contact, don't go back to her when she runs low on people and needs to feed like the little vampire that she is. lol

Also; learn to recognize people like that for what they are and don't date them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by speakerspoke View Post
    Nope, she'd only enjoy the negative attention.

His best bet is no contact, don't go back to her when she runs low on people and needs to feed like the little vampire that she is. lol

Also; learn to recognize people like that for what they are and don't date them. lol

Sometimes they show up out of nowhere.

I woke up this morning and was just like what the f**k and I lay in bed thinking I can't believe this girl has just done this to me how stupid can I be to have got so close. When i got with this girl I had come out of a messy relationship and I wasnt going to let my feelings show but I did and now this is happened!

However I am out with my boys tonight going to go to some bars and a club and have some fun and I guess I have 2010 to look forward to as I'm sure something will come my way. I move into a new house in Jan and collect the keys tommorow so thats something to look forward to. As for the romantic trip abroad I planned well found out this morning its free to change the second persons name so I guess one of my friends will be having a nice free plane ticket and it will be a nice break for myself!

Have a feeling my ex is going to be texting me in a few days when she sees what shes missing (not to sound big headed) and considering she has shown how low she can be.. I am not going back and she is getting nothing more from me!

i'm sorry to hear that. that is the most cowardly way to do it. it's so disrespectful. you're a better person than her and you're much better without someone like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast