+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agony of Being in Love with a Doctor - Unsure Where Things Are Headed

Agony of Being in Love with a Doctor - Unsure Where Things Are Headed

deleted due to lack of compassionate and constructive replies
    Last edited by velveteen; 04-04-13 at 08:07 PM.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I dont think your a Doctor. You dont have much to offer him.

deleted due to lack of compassionate and constructive replies
    Last edited by velveteen; 04-04-13 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eng.Jackadmans View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I dont think your a Doctor. You dont have much to offer him.
    The guy is in love with doctor too. Dont take it seriously.

Looks like you need more confidence. Doctor can give you some protein injections to cure your agony.

Is anyone going to have the compassion to give me a serious reply on here?

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I never said I was a doctor, if you had read my post properly. And who the h*ll are you to say what I have to offer him? He is every bit as lucky to have me as I am to have him.

Do you actually have such a sad life that you get off on posting unhelpful and mean replies on forums where you obviously don't even belong, troll???
    No its the truth. Engineers's marry doctors. doctors dont marry bar tender or the electrician so to speak. IF they do date someone thats not an Engineer or a Doctor, it's probably because they are hot, and its just a fling. In the end they always settle for someone of thier class.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    The guy is in love with doctor too. Dont take it seriously.

Looks like you need more confidence. Doctor can give you some protein injections to cure your agony.
    ROFL hahahahahahaha

You have no idea what I do for a living, so - once again - don't write if you don't know what you are saying.

I can see how a doctor's life can be very busy... and emotionally draining, especially if he's in the ICU. It's probably why he doesn't initiate more contact with you during the week. If you only texted a couple of times before and it hasn't changed since that weekend, I wouldn't be too worried about it. He might just need some time to think and process all of this. I have a feeling he doesn't get to hear "I love you" that often and it might be a big deal for him. But I can totally see where you're coming from. Have you tried to contact him since then?

deleted due to reasons of privacy
    Last edited by velveteen; 04-04-13 at 08:27 PM.

I dont think guy have a time to freak out. If he dont even have time to send text. Bet he sees more scary things than you at work.

Seriously you have time to think too much.

You have no idea what I do for a living, so - once again - don't write if you don't know what you are saying.
    What do you do?

Wondering what you mean exactly about "processing". I have read this term alot in regards to this subject matter... hoping it is not a bad thing, it worries me a little. With women, if we love someone and they tell us they love us we are like "Yay!!!! Happiness." so what would there be to "process" on his part as a man?
    He might not know what to do next. Do you know anything about his past relationships, or if he even had any? I would be like you as well, all happy and excited and not being able to wait to hear from or see the other person again. But we are all different so he could be the exact opposite and not show those emotions - yet. You won't know for sure until you talk to him.

Is he usually the one who initiates conversations? Maybe you should text him if you don't hear from him today and ask him about meeting up again this weekend. Would be helpful if you had something specific in mind that you want to do with him so it doesn't come across as being too clingy.

deleted for reasons of privacy
    Last edited by velveteen; 04-04-13 at 08:09 PM.

However it is abundantly clear that he is texting less, and making less effort to make plans. I don’t understand his sudden change in attitude as he was the one who drove the relationship to this point of depth and seriousness.
    Perhaps now that he’s gotten to know you better and that you’ve told him you love him, his family obligations to marry someone of his own culture (that they pick for him) is weighing heavily on his mind and he wants to distance himself from you slowly in the mistaken thought that it will be easier on you that way (or it’s easier on him that way).

I did ask him about this issue before we ever went on a date and he told me that if he fell in love with a woman from a culture other than his own that his family would not be very happy about it but that he would be open to it because it is his life. And, if I am to believe him, he is in love with me.
    I hate to be so cynical but they ALL say that and then when push comes to shove, they obey their culture and he’ll not be disowned for anyone, no matter how much he loves them.

There is another woman who is posting your exact same story on this forum at the moment and he won’t go against his parents for her.

I suggest you at least read her thread and try to understand his culture so that you don’t get yourself “shredded” (thanks Indie for the term) when he’s finished with you (if that’s what he’s actually doing)

Try to learn not to fall for someone so quickly who hasn’t even introduced you to friends and family. When they’re not doing that, IMO it means you’re not as important as they are making out that you are.

Look after your emotional health and consider this. I've read a thousand stories just like yours and none of them turned out well for the non-indian girl or guy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast