+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In a new city

In a new city

Hey everyone, been a looong time since i posted in the dating section. I've been through hell this year in the off/on relationship that I've had. That ended, and I moved so I have a fresh start. My biggest thing now is just meeting new people. I guess this question is for the ladies out there. Oh and I'm 18 by the way.

What is the best way for a guy that doesn't know anyone to get to know people and women in the community? I mean I guess I'm kinda wanting some personal experience type answers. Like what would you think if some random guy started talking to you in a store at the mall? Stuff like that. This is kinda new to me, I'm trying to broaden my dating horizons because I've never really had to put myself out there like this before to get to know people. I want to meet a nice girl up here though. I have a habbit of just getting into my little corner and not going out there and getting myself known.

And other than that, just curious if any of you have had to go into an unknown environment all on your own and start over. And Killerbabe, you said your from denver too right? I just moved here, looking to get to know people so if you wanna chat, you can reach me on AIM or MSN, just check my profile on here.

Personally, I've never believed in "putting myself out there" or the classic form of dating, however it always helps to simply be yourself. Try to keep in mind that most people have witnessed a variety of fairly strange things in their lifetime, therefore someone striking up a conversation in a mall wouldn't be horribly unusual (presuming it was appropriate).

Hey Exodus, Denver is a great place to be (far better than "Kyenzas city, baby" lol) - and people are just too laid back. You should hit the Auraria Campus and just hang out at the North Classroom or something. You'll meet so many people! Also, Cherry Creek is where all the yuppies go. Chill out, cause you don't really need to be super smooth to land a girl out here (as I've notcied). Damn, these girls will sleep with anyone, anything, and anywhere, I'm telling you. That's the kind of impression I get...

"The Church" is where you can get in 18+. It's actually a pretty cool club, and Thursday nights are popping. LoDo's is the most pulsating spot though (and I'm trying to land a job there!). Like I said, you can go to the Elitch Gardens and hook up with a bunch of girls out there.

And remember - if you're too damn paranoid, just hit that chronic like we all do and you'll feel the Colorado spirit!
    I have it all. Including kino.

hehe sounds like a great time killer. I'll have to check out some of those spots. thanks for the low-down on denver