+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: unconditional Love

unconditional Love

Much of the time our love for someone comes from how well they are able to satisfy our needs and desires. Once they stop fulfilling those needs and desires, we start resenting them. We are very rarely unselfish in love. Love is coexisting, not because you want to or don't want to, but because it is in tune with the natural harmony of the universe to do so. We only need someone when we are not fully aware of ourselves, when we don't see how accepting all of life is of us and how every moment of our lives shows us our interconnectedness with all of life. When you see this, "you" or your ego is no longer there and you are aware of the constant love that is recreating all of life moment to moment. THat is why they say that God is love. Only then can you have a honest and true relationship with someone, only then do you not impose yourself on them anymore. You are free together and share everything together because you know nothing is your own.
    If you want to read more about spiritual love, go to thetruthisalie dot com and click on the entry called "The Present". I recently found it online and it is redefining how I think about relationships and all of life. It is also free so that is not a problem.
    Also another book that talks about what true love is; "The Pussy" by Kill Gib. check it out !
    Last edited by Junket; 30-07-09 at 05:12 AM.

Gibran says:
    "when you love you are in the heart of God"

oh and that link above is [url]www.thetruthcontest.com[/url] and the book is called "the Present"

I'm starting to become a bit tired of hearing this contineous bullshit about unconditional love which makes you lose yourself in your partner. There is no worse relation than a (co) dependent relation.

If you love me unconditionaly, you'll do everything for me (including killing someone).

That's the bullshit that's being talked about here. Total loss of individuality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unconditional love only exists between a parent and a child, and only sometimes.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by true1 View Post
    Gibran says:
    "when you love you are in the heart of God"
    Or the mouth of Hell.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I only have about 1 year of relationship experience in total. (1 x 3 months, 1 x 9 months and counting)

But i do know that a relationship and love are two different things.

You could potentially love a person without any conditions, he/she can become a wife/man beating, drugs using, sadistic serial killer who wouldnt give you the time of the day and you still could be willing to lay down your life for that person in the blink of an eye. Love can be a one way street.

But a relationship is give and take. A unbalanced relationship is going to leave one of the two partners feel used or unappreciated, his/her needs unfulfilled. A (healthy) relationship is a two way street.

Great post true1! Absolutely beautiful.

I opened that book called The Present at The Truth Contest and read the section on relationships around page 200. It was so good that I decided to read from the beginning. This is the most amazing book I have ever seen; everyone should take a look at it. It is free and it is easy to read. I am in complete amazement by what it says, even though it seems so obvious. Thank you so much for sharing this book!
    ...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[URL="http://www.authenticfuture.blogspot.com"]Oneness[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Unconditional love only exists between a parent and a child, and only sometimes.
    What about in between a human and a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    That's the bullshit that's being talked about here. Total loss of individuality.
    It is the exact opposite. Total loss of individuality is true love. Satisfying each other's egos is just playing mind games.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My sister could hate my guts. She could be out to kill me. I'd still love her.

If my parrot (I don't have a dog) decided to attack me I'd twist the li'l bastard's head off and fry him up.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Total loss of individuality is true love? Wtf? No, it's not. Respecting and accepting the other person's individuality is true love.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    True1, you're a triple posting faggot.

Jethro, you're a cunt.

I see that what you both share in common is that you're both sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Total loss of individuality is true love? Wtf? No, it's not. Respecting and accepting the other person's individuality is true love.
    I wish I could thank you multiple times for a single post.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I'm starting to become a bit tired of hearing this contineous bullshit about unconditional love which makes you lose yourself in your partner. There is no worse relation than a (co) dependent relation.

If you love me unconditionaly, you'll do everything for me (including killing someone).

All relationships are co dependent you silly idiot. Loss of individuality is what makes a relationship, if not the very definition of.

Your children should be sterilized for the good of humanity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast