+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quoting Script

anachronistic Guest

Quoting Script

This is not a necessity, but I am just wondering if there could be another button that allows us to copy numerous posts (for quoting) to our clipboards, with the quoting script around them. It would be particularly useful when we want to respond to several posts in the same thread.

Maybe this feature already exists, and I am unaware; if this is the case, please let me know how to do it, because it is unclear. I have always manually done it in a text program outside of the browser. Thus, programming the website to do this for the users would benefit the website by allowing users to spend more time viewing other posts and giving advice, instead of taking all the time to work on long posts containing multiple responses.

A though to ponder... I am willing to sit down and write up a script, if there is not a mod already for such a thing!

-lilwing

that's a good idea. i see people quoting all kinds of stuff in their post and i wonder how they do it without losing their minds.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    copy and paste... that's how i do it. when you really think about it, there aren't really that many people who will use this option. sure you two might use it, but i think in the long run only a handful of people will find this useful.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    copy and paste... that's how i do it. when you really think about it, there aren't really that many people who will use this option. sure you two might use it, but i think in the long run only a handful of people will find this useful.

raverboy
    Copy and paste is all you really can do, unless you want to type it all out. You're right, only a handful of people would find it useful, but this is about quality, not quantity. And besides, people would benefit indirectly from this add-on by the handful of users that post the advice of that length and detail; it will allow these users to concentrate more on their posts and the threads of other users, rather than the unnecessary editing.

As I said before, it's not a necessity. It will only help the forum.

edit: oh, by the way, it will also allow valuable members such as misombra to consider posting longer amounts of advice, since it would become relatively easy, contrary to how they think now.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    that's a good idea. i see people quoting all kinds of stuff in their post and i wonder how they do it without losing their minds.
    The better the advice, the better the forum is; we all benefit from the viewpoints brought forth by our fellow members.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 03-03-08 at 05:12 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post

The better the advice, the better the forum is; we all benefit from the viewpoints brought forth by our fellow members.
    wow, who would have expected so much from a free forum huh? haha

raverboy

anachronistic Guest
    wow, who would have expected so much from a free forum huh? haha

raverboy
    Worth is a commonly misunderstood concept.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Worth is a commonly misunderstood concept.
    that's because i'm not getting paid to do a job... damn im' such a sucker.

raverboy

anachronistic Guest
    that's because i'm not getting paid to do a job... damn im' such a sucker.

raverboy
    That really sucks...

Well, you should still look on the bright side; at what you are gaining out of the experience.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That really sucks...

Well, you should still look on the bright side; at what you are gaining out of the experience.
    haha you have to remember that i come here to talk shit and harass other people... i rarely gain anything...

raverboy

anachronistic Guest
    I would also like to request that the color of my username becomes green, because I am special!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would also like to request that the color of my username becomes green, because I am special!
    c'mon, you can't even get your roommate to give you respect, and now you think that you're special?? haha...

raverboy

anachronistic Guest
    c'mon, you can't even get your roommate to give you respect, and now you think that you're special?? haha...

raverboy
    I was kidding. 'sides, my roommate is a douchebag. Nobody likes him. And I got my own room now!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The htm code for a quote is the characters [*quote] <insert text>[*/quote] to close the quote. You can put a quote inside a quote just like a math equation (same principle).

You need to remove the "*" for it to work (I just put it in so you can see).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The htm code for a quote is the characters [*quote] <insert text>[*/quote] to close the quote. You can put a quote inside a quote just like a math equation (same principle).

You need to remove the "*" for it to work (I just put it in so you can see).
    I know that. You misunderstood my original post!

This is not a necessity, but I am just wondering if there could be another button that allows us to copy numerous posts (for quoting) to our clipboards, with the quoting script around them. It would be particularly useful when we want to respond to several posts in the same thread.
    Are you not using Quote+ ?
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast