+ Follow This Topic

Thread: College Crush on a Female...What to do now...

College Crush on a Female...What to do now...

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE GENERAL IDEA IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ IT ALL

--First week of college, I noticed my crush(names Monica in our case) with my friend who's also a girl. They were walking together and I waved to my friend, she waved back and Monica saw her waving @ me and noticed me. [This is where my heart fell for her!]

--Monica is in my Lecture hall (we're sitting on oppsite sides of the room). I was getting bored and looking around and saw her and I just stared @ her and she happend to look around the room and saw me glancing @ her. Our eyes met few times like this (no smiles @ either end tho).

--In another location in college: I was sitting and studying, happend to look up pretty far away and saw her enter the room. She looked in my direction[weird how people just happend to see you looking @ them even when they're like 2 miles away] and I'm sure she saw me looking in her general direction again. She was using a PC in front of me however she was quite far away but I could see her fixing her hair and kinda wandering around without making it too obvious and kinda peeked in my general direction.

Later that same day.... I was sitting in the same place doing the same thing (yeah I study A LOT).. and she kinda walked in the room and stayed @ the entrance. I dunno how, but I noticed her walk in AGAIN. and she saw me sitting there and I know for a fact this time she was glaring right @ me while she was waiting for her friend to show up.

--Shes in one of my labs... We're on oppsite side of labs facing eachother. Again we exchange eye contact several times(no smiles tho)

FINALLY--- just last week, when we're in lab, we kinda walk past eachother as we move from one side to the other and as we walked past eachother, we exchanged looks and we smiled. (This happend like 3X almost at the same place, same way, everytime)!
    THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SUMMARY
    Shes in the same college.. and same lecture hall
    We exchanged eye contact few times in class by just wandering around--no smiles
    Saw her again in another place on campus(She noticed me looking)--no smiles
    Saw her in LAB, made eye contact several times--walked past eachother-- Smiles each time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reallly like her but I dont want to approach her in the wrong way/ time
    ((I dont have much experience with this))

I need some advice on how to break the ice with this one and let her know i dont want to be in the FRIENDS ZONE
    without being too direct or freaking her out..

If I engage in convo with her.. let her know im interested??

Anything to help me out here...just dont want to mess things up as I am not much experienced with this
    meaning approching girls and closing the deals. Once i get in a convo..I can keep it going but not sure how to close
    the deal or if its too soon to do it!

Thanks in Advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeMiGoD1 View Post
    If I engage in convo with her.. let her know im interested??
    No, don't just come right out and tell her you're interested. Make friendly conversation. Be charming and funny. If she seems to respond well, then ask her if she wants to grab coffee or something with you. If she's interested, the only way you'll end up in the friends zone is if you act like you just want to be friends. Make some moves. If you get rejected, that's okay. Move on.

You two have a mutual friend? See if you can somehow meet her through your friend. Don't be pushy or creepy about it, though.

Great advice however I had one question, you advised me to make some moves to stay out of the friend zone, Could you use some examples? Im assuming your a female so what would be appropriate in your eyes knowning that we barely know each other and would you recommend doing this on out first coffee date or wait? Yeah we have a mutual friend but I rarely see her and the likelihood of us being together is unlikely. Plus I feel confident that I could set this up myself.

p.s
    Oh and thx for taking the time to respond, i was getting nervous!

- Just make small talk with her. Maybe she has awful teeth, or snorts when she laughs. Better to find out sooner than later.

- If she freaks out when you ask her on a date, then she is not confident enough for you. Move on.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

You make a valid point! Lol

Personally I think snorting when they laugh is cute. Especially when it starts a chain reaction and they can't stop. It just gets worse and worse as they laugh harder and harder.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

First things first. Don't worry about making a move on her or anything like that until you actually talk to her. Just say hello to her. Introduce yourself (if she doesn't already know who you are). Talk about something in the class. Ask her about herself. But don't say anything about liking her, etc. until you get to establish a level of comfort in talking to her.

Then, making a move would consist of asking her on a date. If she says no, it is no big deal. If she says yes, great.

But don't jump to that step yet. Just concentrate on getting to know her first.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Everything turned out well until...

So we just ended up running into eachother she initiated the covno and after class I asked her If she was free tomorrow for some lunch. She said she was doing something around that time(sounded genuine). So I told her to just to gimme her number and she did and I told her I would text her my number shortly. After class I spent about hour and half with another female friend and she may have seen us together twice or so walking and talking! Reason i say that is because I saw my crush twice while I was with my lady friend. So after I hung out with her I texted my crush and I havnt got a response since. The next day I even asked if he still wanted to chill and still nothing....

So what should I do now? How should I approach things now? Maybe she doesn't have texting? Help!!!