+ Follow This Topic

Thread: thinking too much...same as overthinking i guess...

thinking too much...same as overthinking i guess...

when you meet someone, even before you get to start dating them, do you picture the two of you far in the future like being a couple and doing things...do you think about the next day you see someone even before you get to a point where he or she even considers hanging out with you? i guess it's confusing...but here's a situation...
    i'm kinda "seeing" this girl...we hang out once in a while...before i ask her if she wants to do something...i kinda have things planned out for that day...like if i asked her to have dinner with me, and she says yes, i already know what i'm going to order, what i'm going to talk to her about and where to go after dinner, this is even before the day happens. but 1 times out of 3, something happens, like she'll cancel because of personal problems or the "date" gets pushed back like a week. and so those "plans" are wasted. i guess i have my expectations too high? i'm seeing her this weekend and we're just meeting up to "talk", and i like this chica A LOT but i don't want to expect too much if anything at all. but anyways, do any of you all do this?
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Of course-you want things to be a certain way...but you cant obsses over it.

If you dont want to be disappointed you need to set your expectations about the "date" a little lower...cause there are bound to be times when things happen...

I personally prefer to keep my expectations low on a few things-then when things go better Im so excited and I dont walk away sad. Call it what you will some mental thing I do for myself-but it works for me!!!!

I guess if youre doing this a lot Panda and always or most of the time getn bumbed you should try something else...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I do that stuff all the time. I think we just have slightly overactive imaginations. I will see a girl crossing the street and imagine me rescuing her from getting hit by a car. Or when I'm in the bank I imagine a robber coming in and how I would react and how I would save the entire bank and that cute teller would give me her phone number and we'd go out and have a good time and we'd look at the news articles about the "hero who saved the bank" together.

And when I have a date, I ALSO imagine how the dinner would go, how we'd talk and laugh, etc. etc.

Just chaulk it up to a good healthy (over healthy?!) imagination. And don't sweat it if things just don't happen to go exactly like you imagined or 'planned'. Cause things NEVER DO!!!

BTW, if you're like me, you have really wierd dreams too (such as those that really aren't placed in reality and don't obey any physics or other natural laws, which I also blame on my overactive imagination).

Alexi

Alexi

I usually think about her stalking me, slitting my tires, stealing my credit cards, having sex with my best friends.

Yeah...I've dates some loons.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

I guess so-those are classified nut cases...

(pst-Ms. Jane we need new ideas...those are getting old now-damn I thought slitting tires was still in???
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.