+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Future regrets

Future regrets

If your ex (the dumper) treats you badly after the breakup (which is out of character for them, if they're usually loving and nice, I'm not talking about abusive relationships) by, just for example, ignoring you, speaking to you like rubbish, making comments about you doing stufff wrong in the relationship, blaming you, still having a go at you for doing whatever it was to make them end it (and I imagine other ways)...

Do you think there is a point in the future, when maybe they mature, get over any anger and have time to even miss you etc when they regret how they treated you? I'm not saying it'll make them come running back or whatever, just that they feel really bad for treating someone they cared about like that.

What's your views/experiences in these situations.. I'd be interested to know. I know that in general life, if I treat someone badly I do regret it and usually want to make things right again.

In my marriage that ended with her cheating after 14 years, I don't believe she missed me at all once i was gone.

The relationship of almost 4 years that just ended for me, i believe my ex might miss me a little but in the long run, it was her that wanted out so i'm sure she won't be missing me much. I spend every day wishing she would miss me and wishing she would contact me and want me back but i know this isn't going to happen. She forced me to break up with her and it's been almost 3 weeks now and she has not attempted to even text me once.

Sometimes the other person misses you and realizes they were wrong or maybe the grass isn't greener but i think most of the time they don't. My ex is a stubborn old irish woman and even if she realized she was wrong, she'll never admit it

I don't think they would, unless they really did care about you. Either way, just gain some distance and leave them go. Cut them out of your life if you have to. They're not worth your time.