+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to ask out for the first time

Trying to ask out for the first time

So i am 14 and i like she is 14 too. The thing is she has never had a boyfriend. and i have never had a girlfriend. and she is shy to say that she likes me. but i know she does since we talk alot on aim and she likes me i know that. But the thing is like i haven't met her in like 2 month last time we met were when we were hanging out with our friends and i live 20 miles away. And lately we have been talking a lot and been really close with each other. so i want to ask her out on aim/facebook since we live too far from each other and dont go to same school. And she is getting her phone on Friday so should i ask her out on aim/facebook or phone which is like on Friday. Or i shouldn't even bother since we live like 20 miles away? and if i do ask her out how should i do it since it will be my first.

I never had a bf that lived in a different town, ive seen relationships like that work out but I wouldnt know how when you cant drive :/ anyway c'mon, dont ask her out on facebook. that is hell of lame and gives her a long time to think about it, which would probably end up in a "no" because she would be thinking about distance. Call her when she gets her new phone. Put her on the spot its nerve-racking but way more romantic. My first bf asked me out when we were IMing and I told him that it was a pussy move to ask someone out online and that I wouldnt even respond unless he asked me out in person. I still think its a pussy move

Oh k thanx so phone i will on friday. so how can i ask her out like what should i say

If I was in your position I would call, say youre breaking in her new phone and wanted to see whats up with her. have a really light-hearted casual conversation talking about whatever, try to get her laughing or having a good time on the phone (dont ask her out if the conversation is quiet or really awkward, if I got the feeling she didn't want to be on the phone I wouldnt ask). anyway when you know shes having a good time and is relaxed over the phone then compliment her then ask! Maybe like "wow you know youre so awesome to talk to/hang out with.." or "I always have an awesome time around you.." "..would you like to be my girlfriend?" (dont say do you want to "go out" because that could also mean a one-time date or trip, also dont have a cocky attitude -_-)

Now that youve gotten over the worst part (asking) you wait for her response, it could be yes because you already know she digs you too, or it could be no because of distance or shes not ready or she makes up a reason like distance when she really isnt ready or her parents wont let her date yet, which is okay too, its not like you wont have another chance with her, like maybe, after you get a license? For right now it sounds like youre ready to ask her so just get it out of your system! If she says yes then you can figure out ways that you can spend time together
    Last edited by bloodtippedrose; 08-06-10 at 08:30 AM.

Os this good? so i start convo on aim get conformable then i will say. Something is wrong with my phone she will say what? i will say it doesn't have your number

That is so cheesy... best to learn now, cheesy lines only make us gals laugh at such a pathetic attempt.... they dont actually WORK on wooing us
    but hey you know her better than I do lol

also your line might backfire when she doesnt say "what" she might change the subject