+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In love or in lust?

In love or in lust?

Guys, I just don't understand when you are in love. When do you first feel it? How do you show it? What do you say?

I can never tell the difference between a guy who is in love and a guy who is in lust. I have always had this doubt when starting a relationship. Can you answer, at least from your personal experiences?

Err...Well.

When do you first feel it?

Well, not sure about love, but when it comes to a crush it's usually early on, when first meeting or talking to someone never seen before. Has to be a biological thing too, certain face-body combinations that appeal just to me, met a lot of girls that are pretty, funny and interesting but without any feeling towards them.

How do you show it?

I greatly prefer to develop a friendship into a relationship rather than attempting to go straight for dating, and if I am interested in a girl I try to show it by chatting to them whenever possible and trying to bring them along or tag along to activities so that I can see them again. And then go from there if everything works out.

What do you say?

Err...Got 30 minutes to spare reading conversations back and forth? I reckon that those who are in lust (bar situations) try to use hook-up lines and get it over pretty fast, but I just don't.

-------------

As for identifying whether a guy is in love or in lust...It can be hard to spot. I've talked to fellas in the past who act as if they're in love but then just have to brag to the guy crowd about how far they've gone, which just annoys me.
    Lust is a physical attraction, so I reckon that if a guy is in love with you he'll spend more time trying to get to know you as he's into what your personality is like, while a guy in lust is more likely to try to charm you straight away just to get going.

But it aint easy to tell, sometimes they can pretend to be interested for a long time with lust being the primary objective.

Bastards :p

Tedel Guest
    I'd say it's simple:

If he's looking for a relationship, it's love.
    If he's trying to get into your pants, it's lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    I'd say it's simple:

If he's looking for a relationship, it's love.
    If he's trying to get into your pants, it's lust.
    EXACTLY!
    And if you ask him why he loves you and the only thing he can think of is your looks, physical, etc. versus your personality and compatibility then it is lust.

Also, if he barely knows you then it is lust.

I think a lot of guys can't tell the difference either. I like how Vashti puts it: love is what's left when the lust fades.
    Spammer Spanker

Tedel Guest
    In a man, many times lust turns into love if the girl waits enough.
    Likewise, many women offer lust until they see they are finally getting love.

Humans are that strange.

when you keep looking at a girl, you keep watching where she is and what she's doing, you talk to her whenever you can but don't engage in any more physical contact than brushing her side with your hand....what would mean by this? when would you call a girl "darling"?...

Tedel Guest
    I'd say it's infatuation.

It means he wants to put his wiener in you, twisted, that's all.
    Spammer Spanker

Lust is when a person's beauty is so intoxicating.., that your sexual desire for that person.., creates this powerful urge inside of you.., to get to them.., and satisfy your sexual desire.., with any sexual pleasure they have to offer.., and you may feel motivated to create other reasons.., in your mind.., as to why you think you are interested in them.., but at the core.., you are only attracted to their looks.., you are just a victim of lust.., and it's only a matter of time until someone more beautiful walks into your life.., and the feelings of lust get replaced and shift towards this new person..

Love however.., is when everything else about the person.., is so intoxicating.., that the deep connection and chemistry you feel with them.., creates this powerful urge inside of you.. to feel completely comfortable around them.., to be one with them.., and allow this bond between the two of you to grow.., and in doing so.., you may feel motivated to overlook some of the things that are missing.., but in doing so.., you are creating.., in your mind.., the most perfect person in the whole world.., the most beautiful.., sexiest person in the whole world.., and they're yours.., you're in love.., and any other person who walks into your life.., will fail to compare against the person you're in love with..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love...lust...?

There's a difference?!

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Love...lust...?

There's a difference?!
    It seems that, for women, there's a difference.

I don't think a relationship will work without lust. However if he just wants the physical than you will know because he doesn't respect you.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Lust is when a person's beauty is so intoxicating.., that your sexual desire for that person.., creates this powerful urge inside of you.., to get to them.., and satisfy your sexual desire.., with any sexual pleasure they have to offer.., and you may feel motivated to create other reasons.., in your mind.., as to why you think you are interested in them.., but at the core.., you are only attracted to their looks.., you are just a victim of lust.., and it's only a matter of time until someone more beautiful walks into your life.., and the feelings of lust get replaced and shift towards this new person..

Love however.., is when everything else about the person.., is so intoxicating.., that the deep connection and chemistry you feel with them.., creates this powerful urge inside of you.. to feel completely comfortable around them.., to be one with them.., and allow this bond between the two of you to grow.., and in doing so.., you may feel motivated to overlook some of the things that are missing.., but in doing so.., you are creating.., in your mind.., the most perfect person in the whole world.., the most beautiful.., sexiest person in the whole world.., and they're yours.., you're in love.., and any other person who walks into your life.., will fail to compare against the person you're in love with..

Best,

GrkScorp
    Aww! That's really sweet! (the love part I mean lol) When it's put like that, love sounds like a fairytale
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Quote Originally Posted by Lozenger View Post
    Aww! That's really sweet! (the love part I mean lol) When it's put like that, love sounds like a fairytale
    I thought GrkScorp was a fairytale character...

Which kingdom did you come from, GrkScorp?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast