+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me out here - what would be an appropriate course of action?

Help me out here - what would be an appropriate course of action?

Hey everybody,

I have a fairly simple question for you. Basically, I have been single for nearly a year now and am just beginning to date again after a very meaningful relationship. I am a good looking and funny guy, and I have never had trouble attracting female attention. I used to be something of a player but said goodbye to those days a few years ago and am happier for it.

Anyway, I'm 28 now and tonight was in a bar watching a hockey game. I noticed a server (sadly she was serving tables and I was just at the bar for 30 minutes). She is without a doubt the most stunningly beautiful girl I have ever seen. This is the first time in my life that I have actually looked at someone and felt chills because of the way she looks and acts.

So, what is my play here? Should I tell her I think she is beautiful (without any kind of agenda, or expectation) or is that way too strong? I don't want to make this awkward for her, but would love her to know that to me she is stunning.

Help much appreciated.

Should have emphasized the fact that although I am smitten I realize I might have nothing in common with her, so when I say "without agenda, or expectation", I mean it. Would I like to take her out and see if we click? Yes, but my primary urge is just to tell her she is beautiful, although I only want to do this if you think it would be a nice thing to hear from a stranger (and not a creepy, pervy thing).