+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I approach this woman?

How do I approach this woman?

OK, I am not sure how to do this. Last year I ended a 5 year relationship. I finally feel like I am ready to see someone again. It all started when I was buying a NOS Energy drink for hockey. She checked me in at the store next to my house. Every time I go there to get this drink she is working. They ran out of the drink I wanted and she recommended me to try another. She loves them apparently...anyways....I have a attraction to her and its not just in a physical way. I got this feeling like I want to know more about her. Today I went to get the drink she recommended and she was not working. How ironic. so I asked the woman working what was the name of the young woman who works here and she provided me the name, first and last. Seeing I was in a relationship for quite some time, I am not even sure how I should approach her to ask her if she would like to get together sometime. I am not used to asking women out and don't wan to come off the wrong way. I do not feel uncomfortable around her, like I said I want to know more about her, there is this mystery or suspenseful feeling when I see her. Any advice on what I should do would be great. I guess my greatest fear here is not rejection, its that she is already committed.

Thanks in advance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The quieter you become,
    ...the more you are able to hear"

Might as well just ask her out? Invite her to come watch you play hockey? Thank her for her energy drink suggestion?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I'm with Lite, i don't really see anything to beat around the bush about. Just go in and ask her out next time your in the store. If shes not wearing a ring, then you can be pretty sure shes not married, beyond that its kind of a hit and miss game.

You wont offend her by asking her out, even if shes taken she will probably be flattered.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

You're in a prime position to ask this girl out. You've already made small talk and found something to connect on. You'd be silly to not see this through. Good luck!