+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie update

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Charlie update

An update: I have just this morning gratefully, if temporarily, left the noise and grime of backpackers hostels for the comparative luxury of an apartment in central London. My cousin, who resides here left for an Australian Christmas and has charitably offered me the use of his lodgings while he's gone.

I've only been away two weeks but I can't tell you how nice it is to have my own kitchen, my own room again. For there to be peace and quiet. To not have a gaggle of Italians yelling excitedly at each other behind me, or to be sharing a room with a group of Russians who hang their underwear from each bedpost bed like soiled flags.

I'll be here for the next two weeks and I have the internet here so during that time I'll probably be on here quite a bit.

My trip so far has been fantastic. It's the incredible sense of freedom I love the most. I've been touring the UK as a sort of extended limbering up process and then I'll be starting the Europe part of my trip soon after Christmas (I leave on the 28th), before coming back to live in London or possibly Brighton and travelling during the northern hemisphere's Summer and then going home.

The thing that has struck me is the way routine robs you of time. How it makes the weeks slip by with little to distinguish one from the other and so the passage of time quickens. My two weeks abroad feel like the equivalent of well over a month back at home in a work routine.

that sounds awesome. russians are pretty gross eaters too. have you ever seen them eat sprats? omg it's so nasty.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f-cking russians! I shared a room with three of them in a shabby hostel in Cambridge. They were three of the most uncouth, inconsiderate individuals I've had the displeasure of meeting. They'd wake up in the dead of night and start talking loudly to one another in their native tongue or get up and start stomping round the room switching lights on and off. Snoring and moaning disturbingly in their sleep.

That was probably the low point of my trip so far. Lying in the dark staring at the bunk above me listening to these morons chatter away and breathing in their stink (and they had plenty of that), with a hearty dinner of potato chips and peanuts in my stomach. I suddenly felt very far from home.

well it's cool you have a place to stay for a little while.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah I should be more than ready to hit the road again in two weeks' time.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post

The thing that has struck me is the way routine robs you of time. How it makes the weeks slip by with little to distinguish one from the other and so the passage of time quickens. My two weeks abroad feel like the equivalent of well over a month back at home in a work routine.

Do you plan your time out, or do you just stumble upon things to do? Are you doing any sightseeing?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I generally have a basic, but flexible plan for each day. For example I might plan to spend a day walking down the South Bank of London's Thames river and then meet a friend in Piccadilly Circus for dinner. I've been going to a lot of museums and galleries some of which have been breathtaking and I've been doing a huge amount of walking. But I don't tend to wander about aimlessly, no.

If I'm in a smaller town I'll go to the local tourist information office which usually has a raft of local attractions and things worth doing and I have a fairly useful guide book.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I tend to like having a general plan, too. Otherwise, nothing gets done.

Do you take photos?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I've been taking photos but not many have me in 'em unless I'm with a friend or I hold up the camera in front of me which feels a bit ridiculous on your own. I've also been keeping a daily journal.

Also I'm far from a manic traveller so my plans are pretty sparse (only a couple of things a day). I hate rushing around. My girlfriend calls me a sloth because they take a week or so to move a few meters.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 16-12-07 at 12:26 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It would be great if you could post a photo now and then.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha really? Well in a stroke of rare brilliance I've left the camera's USB chord back at home so you might have to wait a while....

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Enjoy Europe! What places are you planning on visiting? I can't remember if you ski or snowboard, if you are in Swizterland/Austria/NE France you definitely want to hit the slopes though

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    that sounds awesome. russians are pretty gross eaters too. have you ever seen them eat sprats? omg it's so nasty.
    Sprats are awesome on a piece of toast with butter

Mmm mmm

I enjoyed reading about your adventures so far CB
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    haha really? Well in a stroke of rare brilliance I've left the camera's USB chord back at home so you might have to wait a while....
    Tard. Buy another one.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well this tard just worked out how to load on photos using his memory card. I might put some up temporarily later on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast