+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I overcome my shyness and ask her out this Valentiens?!

How can I overcome my shyness and ask her out this Valentiens?!

So, i've has a crush on this girl in my class for about a year now. But, I lack confidence and strong shyness. This makes me lack general girl talking skills. I want to overcome this and ask her out. I can't talk to girls let alone think about asking one out! How can I overcome this fear and just ask her out instead of backing down!? Please Valentines day is tomorrow and now would be an ideal time to ask her on a date! We're both 16 and my luck, Valentines day is on a Monday (Australian Eastern Stranded Time), and what would be a good thing to do? Drinks after school. I'll be asking her out at school by the way.

Sorry for the essay long question. But information helps!

Thanks - Roqua_99!

There is no such thing as "girl talking skills" ... she's a person, not a space alien! If you have no problem talking with your mates, treat her the same and you'll be fine. Sure, she may not be interested ... it happens. But don't make the mistake of rejecting yourself by getting all nervous. Sure, rejection hurts, but it's just nature's way of telling you to move on. After you have had a conversation or two, and things go well, THEN ask her out. Forget Valentine's Day ... you don't need some artificial deadline.