+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New love after long relationship

New love after long relationship

Is it possible to enter a new relationship with someone if you are still thinking about your ex? Can love be possible in your new relationship if you still have some love reserved for your ex?

Love reserved for your ex?

Why would you want to get into a "half hearted" relationship in the first place?

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am fully of the opinion that you should not be in a relationship with someone else until you've completely moved on.

How would you feel if you knew the person you were with was harbouring feelings for THEIR ex? It's not a good foot to start off a relationship on.

I, for one, waited almost a year after breaking up with my last ex before even dating again. I wanted to make sure he was out of my head and I could go into any new relationship with a clear mind and an uncluttered heart.

Let go of your ex, or don't get involved in a new relationship. They don't mix.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is wise to have a break between getting out of a long relationship and dating someone new. I mean, you still have feelings for your ex, and thats normal.

But, there is nothing wrong with going out and having fun...or dating around. Sometimes that is what it takes to get over someone you have strong feelings for. Just keep it casual though. Hopefully in time, your strong feelings for your ex will go away.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

You're on the rebound. That's okay, as long as you're clear with the person you're getting involved with that you're not looking for anything serious. Don't misrepresent yourself as being fully available- it's emotionally irresponsible.
    Spammer Spanker

Its not me, its him. His ex of four years started bothering him again...telling him that I took her place, she can't live without him etc etc. He admitted to me that he still has some feelings for her, but he says he loves me best. Can it be possible? Am I wasting my time?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, yucky. I hate women that do this.

Anyways, you need to tell him that he has to make a choice. I'm sure it doesn't make you feel good knowing she's saying these things and he's admitting still feeling something for her. Of course, it's also not his fault that his stupid ex is saying all this stuff.

You guys really need to talk about this.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TheSphinx View Post
    Love reserved for your ex?

Why would you want to get into a "half hearted" relationship in the first place?

~Sphinx
    I agree with this. This is why I don't understand people telling me to get into a relationship. Every relationships will be half-hearted for me unless I have my chemical high.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."