+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bloody planet

Tedel Guest

The bloody planet

Hi there,

Basically I'm curious. Now that Al Gore's book and film/movie and the fashion are over... do you care about the environment, pollution, restoring the balance on the planet, stopping animal abuse, recovering seas and similar topics? Or not?

I'm more concerned about avoiding cholera, malaria, pillaging, rapings, homocides, and general malaise in the coming times...

The points you just named are more or less cotton candy... puffed out but a whole lot of nothing.

i'm concerned about all those things and more. i'm concerned that those glaciers will melt and we won't have fresh water. or that the pine trees in the west will be obsolete in the next 100 years. or that we are encroaching on the land and food of big creatures, and we will not have any.

people are fuking up this planet and it irritates me.

i haven't seen al gore's movie though.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

The planet is going through it's cycle...

Humans blame each other like they assign human attributes to pet rodents...

"Isn't he a sweety"

and

"We're earth's virus"....

One in the same.

going through what cycle? the death cycle?

my friend always says that too. she argues that earth will continue in cycles and will never die.

i say that's complete bullshit.

I am just about to take my dog for a walk by this beautiful lake by my house.

****ing people throw all their shit all over the beaches and in the water as if mother nature takes it to the dump after they do.

There was a mother f*cking apple screen, you know the big ones, in the shallows which someone dragged out and then decided to smash on the ground... you know, instead of taking it somewhere else besides the water. People who fish leave their trash and hooks and lines...

I'm planning on writing a letter to the town and to my local paper and see if I can organize a volunteer clean up
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Also, read Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, if you want to have another perspective on post-waste earth.

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    my friend always says that too. she argues that earth will continue in cycles and will never die.

i say that's complete bullshit.
    Well, technically the earth doesn't "die" even if it becomes a massive desert with smog covering the sky. It'd be more along the lines of dissolving or breaking entirely.

As for the topics mentioned, Im a bit bothered, but for one I don't go along with how they try to smuggle in other issues in it (animal cruelty, as mentioned, species conservation and so on). I'm aiming for biking/public transport for a number of years and then get an electric car, partly due to this, partly due to subsidies for it, partly due to its fuel economy, and partly due to that the oil price rollercoaster is not something I want to suffer from.

Im rather thinking of studying to make my career fit with it. Green architecture <3

As for all the "it's the cycle, not our fault, accept it". **** that. We didnt stop swinging in the trees to just crawl up and die.
    Last edited by Lipp; 20-05-09 at 06:17 AM.

well my idea of "die" is it becomes without water.

the earth needs it's water to live. otherwise it's just a big ball rolling around the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    The planet is going through it's cycle...
    Scientists Agree Human-induced Global Warming Is Real [url]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/01/090119210532.htm[/url]

Of course the developments are worrying. Especially since we will never be able to stop the global warming caused by our own emittions. The best we can do is slow it down a little, but even that seems unlikely if people keep opposing it or pretend that our activity on this planet has nothing to do with it.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    Also, read Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, if you want to have another perspective on post-waste earth.
    How about The Stand by Stephen King???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    How about The Stand by Stephen King???
    That would be more in line with the anthrax and swine flu, not so much global warming...

... that is unless you want to take it a step farther and say that it's all connected. That global warming causes things like natural disasters (Tornados in New Hampshire????) diseases and mayhaps even terrorism.

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post

... that is unless you want to take it a step farther and say that it's all connected. That global warming causes things like natural disasters (Tornados in New Hampshire????) diseases and mayhaps even terrorism.
    Degrading conditions of living breeds radical ideas (ever wondered how Hitler got into power? Look it up.). Terrorism is radical.

Malaria-carrying mosquitos are restricted to a tropical climate. More heat = increased range. Im sure of that this applies to more than just malaria though.

And natural disasters is quite obvious already.

Then again, I can't tell whether you said that as an example or as sarcasm. Bloody internet communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Degrading conditions of living breeds radical ideas (ever wondered how Hitler got into power? Look it up.). Terrorism is radical.

Malaria-carrying mosquitos are restricted to a tropical climate. More heat = increased range. Im sure of that this applies to more than just malaria though.

And natural disasters is quite obvious already.

Then again, I can't tell whether you said that as an example or as sarcasm. Bloody internet communication.
    Which part can't you tell if it was sarcasm?

Yes, I know how hitler got into power, and grrrrrrr, and your example of how temperate climates breeds terrorism I agree, which is why I made that example, though most people would not look that deeply (smart cookie you are, as yoda would say)

I hate it when people are like, "Oh well, I'll be dead by then" It kills me. I personally believe in reincarnation, so I kind of hope those ****ers come back when the earth is at it's boiling point (although, I'd really like to prevent that from happening)

I'm thinking about joining americorp next year. Hopefully I can do some good and learn some stuff in my twenties...

-Lily Tomlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast