+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no such thing as a "friend" of opposite sex

no such thing as a "friend" of opposite sex

Just wanted to point out, as was pointed out to me, there is virtually NO such thing as "just a friend" of the opposite sex. The fact of the matter is, no girl and guy will be friends unless, when becoming friends, one is attracted to the other. I tried disproving this with girls that I am just friends with, only to find out that they were interested/attracted to me at the time we were becoming friends.

Just wanted to throw this out there. Just a "fact" for you to munch on. I know girls that I am friends with because I was attracted to them when I started talking to them, and vice-versa.

So ladies and gents, if your partner all of a sudden has a new "friend" that wants to hang out just as friends, beware. Chances are they're going after your partner. Or even worse, vic-versa.

Alexi

But you're forgetting that half the time guys go for women the guys take a wrong turn and end up in Friends Lane. So after that they're just friends.

You forget so many valuable uses for non-sexual friends of the opposite gender:
    1. Pawning: using them to look good.
    2. Connections: using them for their hot friends.
    3. Invites: using them for parties, etc.
    4. Emotional Disposables: use em if you're feeling a bit down.
    5. Favors: have em do "EVERYTHING" for you
    6. Target: practice subtle moves on em.
    7. Advice: ask them for their honest advice to discover what you should never do
    8. Exception to the Above: sex, they seem to know about that one.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i believe that is true. i am a person that tends to look on the outside first because face it, you're gonna have to be attracted to the person you love physically and mentally. but what about those people that are butt ass ugly, yet have good personalities? don't tell me that you were looking for something in their physical features. what i'm saying is that i believe people of the opposite can just be "simple" friends. no strings attatched.

it might be however, to contradict myself, that this other person wants something that i can't give them, but on my end,.. it's platatonic. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i have plenty of male friends. i know i wasn't all like "ohh he's cute". and i'm sure not their type. they like long blonde hair, and big boobs. well just think J Lo. but blonde. lol.

actually i relate better to guys on a friendly level. some girls can be just plain bitches. (well the ones from my area)
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

I have blonde hair and big boobs, but men are capable of treating me like a sister, because I'm capable of *making* them treat me like a sister.

I have blonde hair and big boobs, but men are capable of treating me like a sister, because I'm capable of *making* them treat me like a sister.
    [url=http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/catscream.wav]This is what I envision . . . [/url]

What's in it? I'm at work.

Don't make me spoil the fun for everyone! Just wait till you get home and make sure your speakers are on.

PM me plz.

i think it was a sound bite Ice. though i can't hear it cause i was stupid one day and shut off my sound so the damn comp would stop beeping at me.

anyway. Ice i don't think you want to meet these "boys" (yes i call them boys cause they are still immature)

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

I guess you're right (re boys), you gotta be picky about whom you hang with.

they are fun to hang out with for the most part, but by no means are they bf material. and i'm not just saying for me.

ROTFLMAO, just heard the clip! How exactly do you *ever* make a cat make *that* kinda sound?

Let's put it this way. It involves a lot of takes, and a lot of iodine and bandages, and a few blood transfusions. But in the end, that one second makes it all worth it.

i agree too. most of the girls i'm friends with were at some point attracted (me to them and them to me) in the friendship. when one person isn't attracted to the other, it gets to that friendship level. there are some rare times when i know friends of the opposite sex. i usually meet them through my guy friends of which whom they are going out with. i'm not attracted to them but i definitely go to them for advice and also to practice.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast