We chatted on a online dating site for a week and decided we should meet up. The first date went well. We decided to stay connected through FB and personal emails. Btw we did not exchange our phone number. After a week of emailing, I felt that he lost interest in me as he was not asking about my likes/dislikes, personality or seems interested to what I'm writing. So I asked if he's still wants to continue to getting to know each more, which he said yes. I was relieved and so we continue chatting. Three days later, he announced on FB he's coming into town for 2 days. The part I don't get is why didn't he respond to my message on FB. He should've seen the msg if he's changing his status. I didn't want to invite him out because I didn't know how busy his schedule is nor did he invite me out. I received another email 3 days later, and again I felt the same (just judging on the email but he's responding to all my questions though.) At the spur of the moment, I decided to end it with him. A week later he deleted me off his FB but not on the online dating site. Now I regretted. I'm constantly thinking about him.

My girl friends said "yes" - it doesn't hurt to try.
But my guy friend said "no" - if he really likes you then no matter he will try to contact you again.

I don't know which one I should listen to.