+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know what to do - Sorta Ex GF :(

Don't know what to do - Sorta Ex GF :(

Right, let me first of all say hi to everyone, being my first post here My names Chris, i'm 18 and I live in the UK, and thats about all you need to know at the moment.

Anyway, onto my issue. This may be a bit long winded, but if you can put it with reading it all, it would be greatly appriecated.

My problem is my ex girlfriend, and how I can sort things out with her basically. I'll paint a little picture to help you guys understand the situation a little better.

We first met at around september 2006, as I started college, as she was on the same course I was, and from the start, I liked her. Mainly, just in a friendly way, but developed slightly stronger feelings perhaps a few months on.

Don't get me wrong, we got on well, but sometimes a felt like I was being a bit mean to her, reverting to the childhood "the more you dislkie them, you love them" type crush, I just couldn't help it, but I think she still saw throught that regardless.

Anyway, at around august/september 2007, we came a bit closer, as I had her MSN, and phone number and we would talk regularly out of college, we even went out as friends a couple of times. (once she even set me up on a date with one of her friends, altohugh I don't know what her intentions were there, maybe just another reason to come out with me? I don't know)

However, then the texts and things we sent became a little more personal, and I found myself stayin up until stupid o'clock in the morning just to chat with her, until one faithful night in which she asked me, what I was thinking. In which I replied, just things between me & you, and went on to explain that I liked her as more than a friend, and soon learn't I wasn't alone.

We both agreed to take things a little further next time we met, so I went round and picked her up the following day. Even though I knew a lot of thingd about her at this point, I was still pretty nervous Anyway, I picked her up, we went for a game of bowling, a quick bite to eat, and then she just wanted to sit in the car and snuggle in the back, which I didn't have a problem with.

Later on I took her back to her place and dropped her off, got out the car to give her a hug, but clearly she wanted more, so I went to kiss her, and it was amazing. At that time, I felt so close to her, I just love everything about her, and knew I wanted a relationship with her.

We then started going out more frequently, just as couples do, travelled all over, even took a trip to Ireland for a week together, and things were good, like, really, really good, I just couldn't believe how much I loved my life, I literally counts the minutes down until I got to see her next, I could just tell it wasn't your usual run of the mill relationship I had going.

Anyway, we just seemed to get closer and closer from then on in, and I did things with her I would never of even imagined (I won't got into detial here, becuase theres some rather strange things to sat the least ), but never the less.

We were together just over 11 months, and then one fateful day, we were out, with a few of her friends, just having a joke on, and perhaps I annyed her a little much, (I did have the tentancy to be a little irratating at times, but I apoligized for it), but she just seemed to shut herself off from me. I went home that night, not really feeling right, but couldn't put my finger on it.

The next day i got a text of her, basically saying, can we be friends? I just didn't know what to think to be honest, but I went round later and spoke to her in person. She went on to further explain that I was being a bit too childish and apprantly I had changed since I met her, and she didn't like it (however she couldn't explain how, I just think she was picking excuses to make it easier, but whatever)

But anyway, she then said she wanted some space, so I tried to see her a lot less often than I would, although I did really struggle with it.

I'll be honest here, I've never actually tried to fight for a girl to get her back, normally we would split, for mutual reasons, and that was that, no bloodshed, so to speak. But I just knew she was different, she just wans't another teenage romance story.

I sent her a card and for gifts just to apologize about the way I had acted, which i'm not sure was the best idea, but I don't know.

At the moment, we've been broken up just shy of 2 months, and recently ive seen her maybe a bit more recently again, and she still all huggy and even occasionally kissy, but she just don't seem that interested. Only problem is, I know i'm still crazy about her. For the past month all i've thought about is her, and everything to do with her, and I can't help it, becuase like I say, this is just something I can't afford to throw away, she just means to much to me. She even says she misses me, so I at least know all hope is not lost, but I just need a way to, basically, make things right. I just don't know how, to put simple.

So......if you've managed to get through all that, I salute you But any advice would be GREATLY appriecated, becuase my life has just come to standstill becuase of this at the moment.

Cheers, Chris.

P.s, sorry for any spelling mistakes, etc, its a lot of text and I didnt want to proof read it all.

The first thing you need to realize is that your life doesn't revolve around her. The world will go on if you do not get back together. Until you realize that, you shouldn't be focused on any relationship.

Next, you need to wait until she comes back to you to talk. She broke up with you for a reason and you probably won't get a straight answer on what that reason is. Give her some time of no contact and see what happens.
    I don't chase, I replace.

You can't be friends with someone you're in love with, and letting her string you along is going to wear thin pretty soon. She's just not into you the way you want her to be, and absolutely nothing you do is going to change that right now. have some self respect and move on to somebody else- someone who really wants you.
    Spammer Spanker