+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my friend told his boyfriend that I am a lesbian when I'm 100% not?

my friend told his boyfriend that I am a lesbian when I'm 100% not?

This has to do with the guy I was dating before, but we are on good terms now and talking.

Anyways, he has a boyfriend now and I respect that. A few nights ago I called him because he said he was going to call me at 10pm and he never did. I didn't get an answer but I eventually got a text saying that he was at his boyfriends house and he'd talk to me later. His boyfriend was wondering who was calling and eventually found out that it was a girl (me). He seemed pretty upset according to my friend and my friend didn't want his boyfriend to get jealous so without thinking he blurted out to his boyfriend that I am a lesbian so he thinks nothing is going on between us. Mind you I'm 100% straight.

Two night ago ( a few days after this happened) my friend wanted to see what my ex boyfriend looked like and asked me if I can send a photo of us (he was just curious) so I sent him a couple. The next day his boyfriend like grabbed his phone to see his messages and then was reading our conversation and saw the photo of my ex and I. He looked at my friend and asked him I thought you told me she was a lesbian?". I forgot what the response was but his boyfriend also asked my friend " do you like her?" and he replied " well she's my friend, what is there not to like?" Apparently he was joking or something because his boyfriend ended up saying "gotcha" to my friend but my question is, nothing good is going to come out of this? Is his boyfriend eventually going to find out we dated and kissed/made out? They will break up over this? I hate being the cause of a fight even though I do not know his boyfriend at all I didn't tell my friend to blurt out " she's a lesbian" and I know I am not :/

Why is he lying to him about the fact that you dated in the past? You are clearly still in his life, so I think his boyfriend has a right to know. Is there still mutual attraction (or even just one-way) between you and your friend?

I am not sure if there is or not ( I admit I still do like him but I wouldn't dare break up a relationship) but last night we kept talking about our first two (and only two) dates and he wanted me to tell him what I liked about him then and other stuff talking about our dates we went on. I think he was also lying to his boyfriend because his boyfriend started to look upset when my friend mentioned that I was a girl and he didn't want his boyfriend to be jealous ( well that's my friends exact words, not mine)
    Last edited by xowinterbabyxo; 12-03-14 at 04:45 PM.

He's behaving inappropriately with you. He's telling lies about you. Sounds like quite a catch.

At any rate, don't waste a moment worrying about his relationship. It's his lies and his relationship. Not your problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you've written about many different boys in your various threads. Which thread relates to this boy? Context helps so much
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

True, I just hate being the cause of the fight and if they break up I don't want to be the cause of it.

this thread was about the guy I am talking about, but he did apologize for what he has done in the past so we are over that now... (http://www.loveforum.net/threads/87813-i-m-starting-to-get-scared-of-the-guy-i-used-to-date)

Quote Originally Posted by xowinterbabyxo View Post
    True, I just hate being the cause of the fight and if they break up I don't want to be the cause of it.
    You're not the cause. Your exes lies are the cause....and so is him keeping you close when he should have cut contact.

Quote Originally Posted by xowinterbabyxo View Post
    this thread was about the guy I am talking about, but he did apologize for what he has done in the past so we are over that now... (http://www.loveforum.net/threads/87813-i-m-starting-to-get-scared-of-the-guy-i-used-to-date)
    If you're over that now, how would he react if you decided to end the friendship? Would he go all mental on you....or would he respect your choice and wish you well.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think he would respect my choice because one time he told me that if I didn't answer his phone call ( when we were arguing/not in a good state) that he wouldn't call me at all and he didn't call me for almost two weeks. He didn't say anything mean about not talking to me though.