+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help Me! (Phone conversations)

Help Me! (Phone conversations)

I don't have problems starting conversation in person but lately, it seems that when girls call me on the phone, they expect ME to have somethin to talk about.

It gets rather annoying. I get like 6 calls during the day from girls that don't have anything to talk about. But I'm not good at ending a phone call ( I always feel that I'll hurt their feelings by not wanting to talk to them). So I stay on the line, and the only way I keep us talking is by saying stupid stuff or putting up a playful argument (which I do to break the silence. And it's getting annoying to ME because it makes me feel childish).

Should I start telling them "Hey I gotta go" if they have nothing to say? Or am I suppose to be able to keep up conversation? After I thought about it, I thought it would be good for me to just stay on the line so I can practice keeping up conversation. But that's not working at all. The only thing that does is cause me to make an ass/fool of myself by saying stupid sh*t.

EDIT: Maybe it's my fault. Even when I talk to my best friend (which is a girl) on the phone, it seems I struggle to think up a topic that we can talk about.
    Last edited by Bigg Boss; 23-12-05 at 04:46 AM.

Get use to it. Sorry. My girlfriend calls me every night, or expects to be called, despite the fact that we work together in ajoining cubicals every day of the work week.

Edit: I experience the same problem and also end up saying stupid stuff like taking my sarcasm too far.
    Last edited by TAVS; 23-12-05 at 04:47 AM.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Honestly, don't waste your time talking about stupid crap if your getting nothing out of it. If your doing it to improve your conversation skills it's one thing, but it doesn't sound like your improving it. The best way is to keep your conversations short and sweet. That way you give yourself a set time to be on the phone and you become much a smoother conversationalist. And you should always end the convo first, it makes you look like you have a life and you don't have time to be blabbering to these random girls all day.

Think of lots of topics to talk about before they ring you. Start thinking now so youll be prepared.
    ~In all our searching, the only thing weve found that makes the emptiness bareable is each other ~

~Jesus wept so man could live on earth forever, in peace. But my tears they fall for you, only you ~

~Cover me with you, over me and under you, pull me into you, as one we lay entwined~

No, here is the way out. RELAX RELAX RELAX. oNCE you are relaxed, talk to her about her and when you feel you make a mistake - like you dont how to end the conversation, just be open - like - "well, i am not good at ending phone calls...." - she will be happy that you feel free to open up to her. If you open up, you find that you relax and life becomes easier for you on the phone

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just tell them you are busy?

Its actually a good thing that they do that, it means they like you and would rather talk to you about stupid shit than watch tv. But at the same time, yeah it can get old very quickly. It is best for you to actually plan things to do, don’t lie and say, “I’m sorry baby but I have to go” when you really don’t have to go. Usually if women talk to you all the time and you never do that then they will instantly be able to tell that you are lying. Do be the first to hang up, if for no other reason that the sheer confidence that you know they will call back in a few hrs anyway.

Don’t get upset about them constantly calling you, just plan more of your time. Also, use a cell phone and just don’t answer it. Part of the reason they always call you is because you always answer your phone. Don’t be afraid not to talk to them. Why? Because when you haven’t talked to them for a day then when you see them it is so much more interesting and exciting. IE they are probably dying to find out why you didn’t answer the phone and are just waiting to tell you about what has gone on that you missed. You are also actually more interested to find out what’s up with them as well, this elevates the whole encounter.

Just make one of them your girlfriend then you don't have to talk to all of them you just have to talk to one of them

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Just make one of them your girlfriend then you don't have to talk to all of them you just have to talk to one of them
    Thats the key ticket.
    ~In all our searching, the only thing weve found that makes the emptiness bareable is each other ~

~Jesus wept so man could live on earth forever, in peace. But my tears they fall for you, only you ~

~Cover me with you, over me and under you, pull me into you, as one we lay entwined~

Umm... why don't you just tell them if they have nothing interesting to say that you are going to hang up. Countdown from five... and then hang up. Works great.

If you say you have to go, I would suggest giving a reason...like I'm going to eat dinner or am going to the store, so give me a call later in the week, something like that lol

In my experience the only girls that call a lot are the ones that have a lot to talk about, and they just keep talking, so I haven't really experienced that problem.