+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Replying to the ex's email, do i say this?

Replying to the ex's email, do i say this?

Just need some quick advice. My ex has called me a few times in the last month and emailed me twice last week just to say hi and whatnot. But i've been giving her the cold shoulder 100% by not replying to anything. So today i wrote a draft reply with nothing serious in it, just talked about whats gong on in my life, etc. But i wrote the last few sentences explaining to her that "i dont hate her and i'm not trying to be mean by ignoring her, and it would be great if we could be friends, but that right now its really hard for me to do that and i dont know if that will ever change. i said i didnt feel she was honest with me, and that she hurt me really bad."

Should i leave that last part out altogether? meaning about her hurting me really bad? or maybe i should continue to ignore her altogether and not even reply to the email? the email was sent a week ago today...

I would suggest that you include the entire portion of your message, if for no other reason than to be truthful with her.

I guess the advice i was asking is, after ignoring my ex for a while, and her trying to be friendly and contact me, do i keep the conversation light? Or do i keep it light, but also touch on why i havent been talking to her, and let her know how much she hurt me by what has happened.

Also, since she has been telling me one thing and doing the exact opposite, i would also like to know the truth about everything. I'd like to know the God's honest truth about everything that she has said about us and the reasons for breaking up, and about what she feels and wants. Does she still have feelings for me? Would she ever like to give us another shot? Is she falling madly in love with this other guy, and going to go get married to him? (<----ok i'm being a little dramatic) But he does now practically live with her...

Or maybe i shouldnt even reply at all, and keep ignoring her...

I say ingnore her.
    If she have someone else in her life, its not woth replying.
    I think she just want to make herself feel better about breaking up with you, by knowing how your doing.
    Anyway that my impression

I kinda agree with you, since she first sent an email after her sister told her that she saw me out at the bar. But part of me is dying to just get a lot of things off my chest to my ex, like was she serious about all the stuff she said? Or is she really serious about this other guy? Its prob better to just stay away and cut contact though...

I know how you feel, i'm kind of in the same situation i wanted to get some things out of my chest with my ex too.
    But i didn't feel any better after.

In your situation i thing the best thing to do is to ignore her even if its realy hard, but its easier said than done. I know that because i wasn't able to resist myself.