+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How many dates until ask a girl out?

How many dates until ask a girl out?

Hi ladies,

I recently went on a date (just dinner) with an amazing girl and we really hit it off. We have already planned our second date. I really like this girl and I want to date her longterm. I was wondering....how many dates should I wait until I ask her out? I was thinking about taking her to a game on our third date and asking her to go as my girlfriend. Would that be a bad idea? Is it awkward for a guy to ask a girl to "be his girlfriend"? I would appreciate any advice/comments. Thanks!!!

i'm not exactly sure what you mean here...do you mean "how many days" (not dates) you should wait before asking her out again? or how many dates should you wait to go on with her before discussing being boyfriend/girlfriend?
    for the first question: i wouldn't wait too long- she will be happy to hear from you and appreciate your interest/proactiveness (at least i do at the start of a relationship . if you wait too long she will wonder why, maybe think you're dating around a lot, or simply it will be more stress for both of you.
    for the second question: i feel like after a couple weeks you can discuss exclusivity, like whether or not you're dating other people. even though your feelings are strong, i think it's better to wait until you know each other a little more than just 3 dates before discussing being an official couple.

Keep seeing her then if it gets physical then she's already your girlfriend and asking her to be your girlfriend I would think of as being very lame and juvenile

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Keep seeing her then if it gets physical then she's already your girlfriend and asking her to be your girlfriend I would think of as being very lame and juvenile
    Wrong. Exclusivity must be agreed to, not assumed. Personally, I don't think it's appropriate to ask for exclusivity for maybe 6 weeks of continuous dating.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?