+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Highschool Dance

Highschool Dance

This is mostly for the ladies: My girlfriend of 6 months is going to have her senior highschool dance this year. She is 18 while I am 21 so its been a few years since I was in school. She's not very concerned about being popular, and I know she does like being seen with me. Thinking back to your highschool days (or if you are still in high school, all the better) how do you think you would feel? If you don't feel like she would want to go, do you know of any other occasion/place that would include slow dancing and that sort of atmosphere?

Thanks,
    Tennyson

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude, I got in a skank pit at my senior prom. That was ****in' awesome. I barely spent any time with my 'date', I only went with her so I could say I went with somebody.

All Xareon said was "senior highschool dance". Are you talking about the Prom?

If so, I don't think you guys should miss it. Prom is one of those social events where anything can happen, and it's at least the one thing in her life that she can look back on and say she did. If she wants to go, put on your best tux and behaviour and take the girl out for a good time. Find a nice restaurant, take some pictures. It's something you want to look back on later in life. I still remember all the stuff I did at my Prom, and that was many many years ago

And as far as other places to go dancing, a lot of that depends on where you live. There are all kinds of social functions/clubs/bars where you can dance, it just depends on your area and what kind of an atmosphere you are looking for.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Well i think you should really encourage her to go... i didnt want to go to mine, i couldnt be arsed with the hassle of finding a dress which looked nice, shoes and sorting out my hair and nails etc (back then it all seemed like such an effort, i love all that stuff now tho lol) but all my friends and family told me i wouldnt want to miss it when i look back at my high school life. So i went. With no expectations or anything and I had a really good time. So go! Who knows what will happen but at least you can look back on it and say you went -x-
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

Do you think she would want to go with ME specifically despite the fact that I don't even go to her school or anything? I mean, she's not the type that would go with someone else just because, however, do you think she'd feel comfortable going with me asuming she wants to go and all? And yes I'm talking about the prom.