+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want this girl... but she's a Jesus freak.

I want this girl... but she's a Jesus freak.

There's this girl... and she is so beautiful, there aren't words in the English language to describe her. She's one of those girls that's just fun to look at, y'know? Anyways, I've got my heart set on her. There's just one problem.

She's a Jesus freak. I don't mean she loves Jesus... I mean she is IN love with Jesus. Her favorite place to be is church and her favorite people to be with is her CVC group.

Anyways, I had one of her friends tell her I thought she was a babe. Then I found out she thinks I'm sexy. Now we're getting somewhere! I finally work it up to ask her out and guess what? She's NOT ALLOWED TO DATE. I asked why that was a problem and she said "I wouldn't wanna betray my parents or God."

I figure that maybe if I can work the charm well enough I can make her want to be with me. I really really like this girl and it seems like Jesus is the only way standing between us. Now, I'm not very religious... at all. What should I do?

~artwork by me~

Here's what you gotta do...

Well,

Being a J.F. myself, my only option is to help you.

First of all, I looked at your SN... and it has the numbers 666 in it... To me, that sort of "indicates" the devil. Now, considering that she is in love with Jesus, she probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who takes jokingly such a matter. (I'm not calling you the Devil, mind you)

So you need to ask your self a few questions, keeping in mind that Christians, devout Christians that is, are pretty much completely devouted to the Lord, thus would not even consider being yoked together with an unbeliever:

1. What denomination is she? Is she "old fashoned?" That is, is she into marrying in the family / betrothel / parents picking the mates / etc? To me that kinda stuff is weird, and plain old traditional, and not demanded by God whatsoever. However, many of the conservative fathers...(oh yeah patriarchy is the word, i just thought of it)... are SUPER protective of their daughters thus prettymuch controlling their every move. They live like its 1700 for gosh sake. So if she is in that type of situation, you'll need to talk to her and have her consider studying the Bible properly, doing in - depth research, and have her talk to her parents about why this stuff is tradition and not really required by God.

2. Are you willing to change and become a Christian? That is, not merely act like it and just change your morality, rather become an actual believer and ask Jesus to give you faith. Becuase if she is a true follower, again, she probably wont be interested (or will be but doesnt want to "sin")

3. Christians marry with the intention of lasting a lifetime. If you start dating her, would you have the intention of living with her for the rest of your life?

4. Is this about sex / lust? If the above is true, would you be able to keep yourself from getting sexually active until marriage?

But what it all boils down to is this: if you REALLY want her, that is, you wouldnt be able to function without her, you need to convert yourself... and buddy, I was a HARDCORE atheist for many years, but I found God after doing a S load of research online about how atheism is absolutely impossible / which cult / sect/ denom/ religion is the Real one... etc... so it is possible for you to do the same.

So in other words... the parents will probably not change... so you need to prove to them that your worthy of her and that you need her badly and that they would be being evil to not let you have her... but you need to convert...

If you're skeptical, I have the following URLS for you (I put a LOT of time in the last few years finding the truth about God, and you can trust me with all of your heart on this...

lets see... [url]www.bible.org[/url], and the plan of salvation: [url]http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=276[/url]

umm...[url]http://www.reachingforchrist.org/index.php[/url]

[url]www.carm.org[/url]

and I reccomend you read "mere christianity" by CS lewis and "a case for faith" by Lee strobel

Ill be praying... good luck

honestly i would say stay away. why would you purposely want to make someone go against their regious beliefs. IMO that is no way to start a relationship. What i would do is just let her know ur out there and how you feel. and that's it. let her make her own decision.

oh yeah... those pages are created by theologists, and all they do for a living is study scripture.. so they are pretty trustworthy

its up to you

so basically its all about looks, because you obviously have nothing in common. looks like a good basis for a relationship.
    my opinion is better than yours.

well he could like her personality... plus, good looks are important in starting a relationship... the love needs to start strong, and grow. Usually that happens first with looks, then moves on to feelings, then attachment, then commitment/dependence on one another/oneness, and finally moves on to agape love, which is love that only cares about the other person.

but dont forget about looks... doing that is like not starting an engine properly before a race... why not do it correctly?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't waste your time with a jesus freak, they're wack jobs.

I like her for her personality. Shes a very happy person and I feel like I need someone like that in my life.

My forum name is a song... I am in no way affiliated with Satan.

~artwork by me~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, but with Jesus freaks, religion is deeply intertwined in who they are. Unless you can start going to church every sunday ::gag::, and pray every night to your "Lord and Savior" ::dry hurl:: I say forget 'er.

Personally I wouldn't even try for it. If Christianity isn't really your thing, then you honestly don't have a prayer. (Get it?)

My dad is a Minister and I spent most of my High School days a very religious person. Much has changed since then, but one thing still remains the same - My knowledge of how true religious people really are.

If this girl's entire family more or less forbids her to date, you have no chance whatsoever either. You would be basically asking her to go against her parents, which in turn goes against herself and her religion. You would be shunned by her family in the event you ever did "win her" away.

This idea has so much "wrong" written all over it, I really don't even know where to start. Other than saying - Don't do it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dated an extremely Christian guy about 5 years ago....except he didn't bother to let me know he was Christian until AFTER we started dating. Shortly after that I discovered he carried a bible in his backpack, and his hobbies included shopping for Christian CD's, highlighting bible passages, and hanging out with his church youth group. Oh, and his dad was the minister of his church, so he basically spent 24 hrs a day trying to convert me so his parents would be happy. He bought me a bible for my birthday. Then he told me he wanted to marry me (a month after we got together).

I never got out of a relationship so fast. Unless you are ok with all of the above behaviour and plan to become Christian (which I assume you don't, having referred to this girl as a 'Jesus freak'), I suggest you just forget about it and go quickly in the other direction.

I only dated that guy for more than a day because he was extremely hot and all the girls I knew wanted a piece of him - he was a trophy bf (I know, very bad of me). But trust me, no matter how hot she is it is TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.

HEy man,

that's a tough one. To be honest, the chance of it working out is really directly related to how old you both are. Judging from the comment about parents, I'm thinking- young. If so then that means your screwed. Sorry, but it's true. When your young and still living with your parenst they can exert so much influence over you that relationships can easilly just not be possible. Or enjoyable at least.

Of course that doesn't mean give up. you just have to shake her world up a little bit. If she hangs out at church, give it a shot and hang out too. she'll appreciate the effort you put into it.

BUT:

don't compromise who you are. She's got to like you for who you are or it won't work, so don't 'change'. instead join the church group and be a bit of a rebel. Don't be arrogant or offensive or rude, but you can ask, 'prying questions'. She might appreciate that.

As for dating, she can still 'date' just don't call it that. Just 'hang out'. Friends make out all the time.

Or buy the fortune [URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5554709016]Fortune cookie[/URL].

cookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Episode666
    There's this girl... and she is so beautiful, there aren't words in the English language to describe her. She's one of those girls that's just fun to look at, y'know? Anyways, I've got my heart set on her. There's just one problem.

She's a Jesus freak. I don't mean she loves Jesus... I mean she is IN love with Jesus. Her favorite place to be is church and her favorite people to be with is her CVC group.

Anyways, I had one of her friends tell her I thought she was a babe. Then I found out she thinks I'm sexy. Now we're getting somewhere! I finally work it up to ask her out and guess what? She's NOT ALLOWED TO DATE. I asked why that was a problem and she said "I wouldn't wanna betray my parents or God."

I figure that maybe if I can work the charm well enough I can make her want to be with me. I really really like this girl and it seems like Jesus is the only way standing between us. Now, I'm not very religious... at all. What should I do?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Personally I wouldn't even try for it. If Christianity isn't really your thing, then you honestly don't have a prayer. (Get it?)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    haha...aw man...that was a good one Cybog...

hey man, b glad u fell for her, rather than some animal-slaying, demon-worshipping, psycho girl!! hey man looks to me, u just fell for her looks, yeah that is important, but do u think u can actually get along with her, if u can find the stuff that she finds fun, then probably u might have a change, which would mean u might have to change urself....would u want that??? Sacrifice kiddo, thats what its all about, just make sure u know what ur getting into, u c there extremes in everything, i'm a christian, but i do have fun too!! and i think she's on the brink of being in the extremem end!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by knightlionheart
    i'm a christian, but i do have fun too!! and i think she's on the brink of being in the extremem end!!
    See? Even this christian admits she's a wacko. Unless of course, wackos do it for ya...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast