+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls In General

Girls In General

Well first of all let me introduce myself a bit, I am 24 years old and overall I'd say above average good looking, nothing special but my looks do the trick needed. I work for a corporation as a manager so in that respect I get a lot of respect. Over the past 6 years I've had 3 live in girlfriends, the first for 3 years, second for 3 years, and last for 2 months. I've dated a total of maybe 15 women before, since my age of 15 or 16 (serious dating). Right now, I just feel like I am doing something wrong, and that is why I am here for help!

I've been putting myself out there again, and recently started talking to my assistant manager (and good friend)'s best friend and we have been sort of hitting it off in a sense, it started all with looks and then it turned into us exchanging numbers and now we talk nearly every day. The thing is, she is 18 years old and has had some bad experiences in the past with boyfriends, and sort of has her walls up, although she does talk to me quite a bit. We've talked about quite a lot, and after I felt comfortable a few days in, decided on a date.

I took her to the park and we went down and walked by the beach and then sat down and held hands and talked for a while, she looked happy etc. Then we walked back to her car, talked a bit more, and before leaving she leaned in and gave me a hug and then we kissed. Overall I'd say a pretty successful date. I also asked her to lunch and it was accepted for a 2nd date. I just don't want her to get bored of me, or to lose her in somehow, because lately I have been having problems really getting out there and picking up girls...I need some tips. Especially in making this one last, and bringing down her walls. What can I say/do to make her feel like she wants to be with me?

I think also she is more used to a sexual relationship than anything else as wel, and believe me I want that but I don't want it to end there. We talk about it a lot and she seems to really enjoy talking about it, but I don't want to push my luck. Her last boyfriend she broke up with a few weeks almost a month ago but she walked in on him with his roommate, and has had similar bad luck before, so I think this may be in her head and hurting her in a way from moving forward. I'm just not really sure where to go from here, and any help is appreciated.

Also any tips on girls in general, I'd love to hear. Thanks all, and have a great day

Don't ask her too many personal questions too soon. Keep the dates casual and light with no pressure for commitment. You will probably have to take it slow with this girl to give her time to trust u and she will open up to you in her own time, u just cant seem like u are trying to force her to talk about personal things she might not be ready to discuss. Since her breakup with her boyfriend was so recent and how it happened, shes probably really hurting right now and its likely she might just be thinking of a sexual hookup or friends with benefits relationship with you. But you want more than that and dont want to seem like u are using her for sex which her past bf's may have been doing, so just take it slow and her walls will eventually come down. just let her know that u like her and that its not just about sex. How was your second date?

Also.. dont text her or call her too often. If you act too interested she will assume u just want to sleep with her. Girls r always looking for clues like that, and if u contact her too much while shes sorting her mind out and trying to figure out what she wants/if she wants you, she might feel a bit pressured and u will push her away.
    Last edited by cheeky&sexy; 12-04-10 at 09:44 PM.

Don't dwell on having to keep her happy and wanting to be with you. If you just go with the flow and enjoy things along side her, there's not much else you can do!

Ok so I did just that and we had a whole "let's just be friends this is moving too fast" talk but I aced that and got her to change her mind that we'll go slow and I'm not gonna push nothing on her, then the other night I was just screwing around and told her she should come over but she wouldn't and I knew she could so I kept being persistant and so she went to a party and then afterwards ended up saying let me come over. Anyways, I don't know what is quite appropriate for these forums, but we ended up having some heavy making out and other stuff I won't mention, let's just call it "bonding time". We seemed to have quite a connection, but it kind of concerns me because she ended up telling me she stoped several times on the way to my house to barf, and then we ended up doing a lot of kissing. That sort of bothers me and I don't know what to do about it. Where do I go from here?

So was it nervous energy, or did she get a little wasted at the party?

And please tell me she stopped several times to brush, floss and gargle as well. Nothing spoils a makeout night like a barf story =)

I think she got a little bit too wasted. The thing is, she doesn't remember some of the stuff we did LOL. Oh well. The only thing I can say is that at least I didn't taste any goodies that I remember of. And I know she didn't brush her teeth, GROSS! Anyways, what should I do now? It was like our "second date" sort of, and the thing is well I've known her for quite a while here but it went a bit far. Now I don't know what to do lol.

Well, if she was toasted, you can't read anything into what happened. She's still getting over her ex, needed a warm body, and you were available. She may like you, but if she was drunk you can't really be certain of anything. This is why you *never* want to hook up with a drunk girl (well, that and the potential for puking at the wrong moment).

Personally, I'd say pretend this never happened.

Yeah dont look into it, she was drunk. Why dont u ask her on another date, rather than to hang out at your house? I think u made a big mistake being persistant with telling her to go to your house. If a girl says no to that, it means no and shes not changing her mind.. at least while sober. Theres no bigger turn off than a guy who keeps messaging me after ive already said no, persisting that i come over. that just makes it even less likely its going to happen. just a tip for the future. Your best bet here is to ask her on another actual date, before its too late n she thinks all u wanted was to get in her pants.