+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My social life

My social life

Hello,
    I've been with my boyfriend for 8 months. I am totally smitten by him. He loves me.

When I first started going out with him I had a great social life going on, he hung around with the same friends with me which made us so close. I'd stay either over my friend's houses, or my boyfriends house (which was very rare then because I didn't know his family much). Our social lives were so amazing, we had loads of fun times with all our friends. It was amazing. We would all go to the beach, or go this country park and dive into the lake, or we'd go to adventure/theme parks and just totally amazing places - an when we didn't go out, we had loads of places to go to around my area.

I don't know what happened. I don't know whether I became far apart from my friends because of the weather change. Me and Ant still stayed absolutely loved up seeing our friends around 2 or 3 times a week and one time our friends were all arguing with eachother and we decided to stay in and not get involved.

Ant doesn't have that much of a social life, but he has more than me. It kills me when he stays over his friends houses as where I'm not as involved with my friends anymore, I don't want to go out with them. I sit indoors and my mum moans at me, "why don't you go out with your friends like you used to! don't go stopping anthony's social life because he'll lose it". I just feel like I've lost out on friends, and to make it worse, all my friends have changed from a group of 20-25 to groups of 5's because of arguments.

I can admit I see my boyfriend a lot, in the 8 months together, we've had about a week's worth of days away from each other. My friends are not affected by the amount of time we spend together, it's just it used to be so brilliant when there were loads of us going out together and having a laugh. Ant's staying at his friends this saturday, I've told him I don't mind and now I'm dreading sitting in on my own on a saturday night! help!

King Zarathu Guest
    Ok.. The greatest advice given to you is the one by your mom. Honestly, I think the best people to go to for love advice are your parents. Seriously.. go ask your parents for lovelife advice and most of it will kick ass...unless they're ****ed up.

So yeah, your friends have all gotten into "groups of 5" because of arguments?! So what? Does that mean you can't go hang out with them? No it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by jaslovesant
    ....I sit indoors....
    YOU are the one doing it, nobody else. Remember, there are many many many many people and crowds to befriend.

Do as your mom says, go out with them. You can do a little bit of what I do in my social life, you hang out with EVERYBODY. Shit, I even hang out with mexican girls during my day -.- I don't understand shit cuz they're always talking in spanish. When the thing about the argument comes up, just be supportive. Then go hang out with other people.

Nobody is stopping you from being the most successful other than you.

About the boy you're with..remember that friends are usually MORE important than sexual relationships. Let him live his life WITHOUT bringing it down, and go off and live yours.

Try to not be DEPENDANT on him, but love him just the same

Good advice, Sk8.

Here's what I have to say to people who are always anxious to be "doing" something:

"You are doing something! You're breathing, right? Breathing air? And your veins are pumping blood? What exactly is it that you're looking for? Is it really something that someone else can provde you with?"

I think you know the answer to your own question.

Have fun!

Go see a movie or something ...jeez..this isn't a hard problem. You don't have your own car or something?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I appreciate every single word you all wrote. Im a bit drunk at the moment, yes, it's that Saturday night when hes staying over his mates and I actually have an excuse for not going out like I would've liked to - I have to look after my brother 'cause my mum and stepdad and kids are all staying in my stepdads flat tonight.

You all have amazing points, and I am now listening to my mum's points of views AND yours. I know it was a stupid post and that's because such a little thing effected me in a big way. I just can't wait for summer because that's when my social life is always on it's high.

And only-virgins, I wish i did have my own car...but I'm 16, and from the the UK - I'm not even starting my driving lessons until the end of this month

King Zarathu Guest
    Hah!! Sucks for you

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Go see a movie or something ...jeez..this isn't a hard problem. You don't have your own car or something?
    Yeah.. seeing a movie would be nice. I'm not sure I agree with "this is a hard problem" depending on the way it was meant. Belittling people's problems just because you know how to deal with it and they don't just is not cool at all. 'Had that happen to me in past threads, it sucked.