+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is this guy acting weird around me?

Why is this guy acting weird around me?

I am intern where I've only being there for a couple of months. There is about 20 people in the office we all talk and have lunch together so we all get along. I work in a different department than the other 18 people do. There is this one guy not a intern we talked and even joked/teased each other. Lately his behavior has changed. Whenever I would try to talk with him. He act nervous and would turn and walk away he began to avoid/ ignore me. So then I left him alone I assumed he did not want to be friends and have anything to do with me.We were no longer talking but then he begin to approach me by talking and acting super nice when were alone. So I responded back by being nice to him. After a while he started flirting with me smiling, winking and starring. First I thought he was being friendly because he is outgoing guy. Now when he sees me and were alone his face lights up and flirts a lot. He also has moved into my personal space he tries to touch me by brushing up against me when he walk by or when he stands near me. Once he hugged me and was not a friendly hug cause he pulled me in closer to him. He makes a habitat of walk by my desk a lot. I observed they way he treats the other girls and he can talk , joke/ tease them when everyone is around. Which he does this in front of me I assume he is trying to make me jealous. Which I kinda do like him. With me he is very quite and shy so he does not talk or tease me when everybody is in the office "his coworkers are around" like he did when we first met. I do the same around him and I do not talk when his friends are around so I do not want him to feel uncomfortable.There is one girl in the office I am friends with and I told her about his behavior towards me which she said he does not flirt like that with her and the other girls way he does with me. He does joke and tease but she does not understand why he is shy around me when is very outgoing and friendly. So she said he may like me if he is acting this way.

Why he is he acting this way towards me now? Before we could easily talk and joke around each other. Does he have a crush on me?

This is just one mans opinion but for whatever reason he seems to have put you on a pedestal. He definitely likes you, he just seems to be treating you differently to be very careful with how he's handling the situation. The irony here is he's doing it poorly because you've noticed, it bugs you, and you don't get what's up with him. The jealousy part may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter because that what you have perceived it as regardless of his intent.

Bottom line I think he likes you and he's trying really hard to not blow it by treating you a bit more... special? Depending on the guy it can be difficult to get over a swooning crush (which I think this is - He's determined suddenly that you are really awesome and psychologically something flipped in his head and thus he went a bit recluse and has been opening up at a slower pace from ground zero. Like he went from friend mode to "looking like a boyfriend" mode.. which in itself is problematic since that's 2 sides of the same coin already...)

If it's bugging you maybe you should hint towards it if you like him. Tell him you wish he'd toy and joke with you like he does all the other girls at the office. This might tear down the wall he's put up which makes him treat you differently and more gingerly then the other girls since he has an interest in you.

I know women will be women though, so if you can't tell him this directly, try and force it out of him by joking and flirting the way you guys used to and it should green light him a bit more if he's paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizard View Post
    This is just one mans opinion but for whatever reason he seems to have put you on a pedestal. He definitely likes you, he just seems to be treating you differently to be very careful with how he's handling the situation. The irony here is he's doing it poorly because you've noticed, it bugs you, and you don't get what's up with him. The jealousy part may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter because that what you have perceived it as regardless of his intent.

Bottom line I think he likes you and he's trying really hard to not blow it by treating you a bit more... special? Depending on the guy it can be difficult to get over a swooning crush (which I think this is - He's determined suddenly that you are really awesome and psychologically something flipped in his head and thus he went a bit recluse and has been opening up at a slower pace from ground zero. Like he went from friend mode to "looking like a boyfriend" mode.. which in itself is problematic since that's 2 sides of the same coin already...)

If it's bugging you maybe you should hint towards it if you like him. Tell him you wish he'd toy and joke with you like he does all the other girls at the office. This might tear down the wall he's put up which makes him treat you differently and more gingerly then the other girls since he has an interest in you.

I know women will be women though, so if you can't tell him this directly, try and force it out of him by joking and flirting the way you guys used to and it should green light him a bit more if he's paying attention.
    Wow I think that just about says it all. I couldn't agree more ^^
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

He definitely likes you, he's just unsure how to handle it. Hopefully he'll grow a pair and just ask you out....if not then just continue flirting with him and he'll do it eventually.

ye i also think he likes you. maybe you should consider asking him out.