+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does it feel like its so hard to meet a women

Why does it feel like its so hard to meet a women

I had two intimate relationships basically in highschool, but since then I've been in college for 3 years and haven't had any kind of connection beyond friendship with a girl. I had one one night stand which I'm grateful for or else I would have gone too long without having sex to be able to live with myself.
    I have a ton of friends, people I think see me as someone interesting to talk to, but I never get any vibes from girls other then random drunk contact. I'd say I'm averaging looking, I'm a bit self conscious, but I think most people would concur. I'm sure plenty of girls wouldn't find me attractive, but both of my ex-gfs were good looking so some women do. I don't put myself out there a ton, but I do enough where 3 years seems way to long. I'm kind of an odd guy who isn't afraid to be myself in front of people who don't know me and probably think I'm a weirdo. But I'm sensitive and friendly and really polite especially to women and my friends all love me.
    Although I have a lot of close people in my life I'm a really intimately needy person so I absolutely hate being single and the happiest times in my life are with a girlfriend I care about and who cares about me. I'm totally a glass half empty thinking person which you wouldn't be able to tell just meeting me, but it makes it hard for me to cope with this loneliness especially the longer it goes on.
    Sometimes i feel like I'm myself too much, which shouldn't be right, but that I don't sacrifice being genuine to act the way some girls like guys to. I guess maybe that means I need the right fit and am only compatible with someone who totally gets me which might be hard to come by. It sucks when I have meet someone and they end up dumping me down the road.

I'm being whiny what do you all think

Quote Originally Posted by mjhouse View Post
    I had two intimate relationships basically in highschool, but since then I've been in college for 3 years and haven't had any kind of connection beyond friendship with a girl. I had one one night stand which I'm grateful for or else I would have gone too long without having sex to be able to live with myself.
    How did that come about, and can you think how to replicate it?

I'm kind of an odd guy who isn't afraid to be myself in front of people who don't know me and probably think I'm a weirdo.
    Problem number one. If you know that "being yourself", whatever that involves, makes you seem weird then do not ****ing be yourself! Learn what kind of attitudes get you female attention and then later on you can gradually ease her into your weirdness over a period of weeks or longer. But if you want to achieve the specific goal of attracting a girl then you have to act in a specific way.

But I'm sensitive and friendly and really polite especially to women and my friends all love me.
    Problem number two. Being polite and friendly is not a successful strategy. Maybe once you already know them well and you've been seeing each other for a long time, but at first you need to be loud, playful, teasing and quite forward. Watch the behaviour of any guys you know who are very successful with women and you'll see what I mean.

Although I have a lot of close people in my life I'm a really intimately needy person so I absolutely hate being single and the happiest times in my life are with a girlfriend I care about and who cares about me. I'm totally a glass half empty thinking person which you wouldn't be able to tell just meeting me, but it makes it hard for me to cope with this loneliness especially the longer it goes on.
    Sometimes i feel like I'm myself too much, which shouldn't be right, but that I don't sacrifice being genuine to act the way some girls like guys to. I guess maybe that means I need the right fit and am only compatible with someone who totally gets me which might be hard to come by. It sucks when I have meet someone and they end up dumping me down the road.
    Yea - generally people say not to change yourself and all that, but I think that's BS. If you're not happy with who you are, in any way, then if you can change it then do it. It's hard, though.

i've got the same problem
    except for the fact i haven't had any relationships before