+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get some kind of Alarm!

Get some kind of Alarm!

So Monday afternoon when I walk in the door I notice that my garage door and light are wide open. I start to curse my brother in law. When I glance over I saw my dinning room table had all my papers all over then I look up and realize the flat screen is gone. I walked into the house to se that my sliding glass door has been shattered. My cats are sitting there distraught the robber ransacked my whole house kitchen cabinets medicine cabinet the kids bedrooms. Left my freezer open. This has been one of the most horrible experiences of my life. We had to put the shutters up and board up all the sliders. That night it felt very erie to sleep in my own bed. The next day i felt physically exauhsted.

I am grateful that I did not walk into anything. My neighbor saw a rodeo pull into my driveway, thought about it then though it may be someone we know. My neighbors are on alert now. I am also getting and alarm.

It really sucks you know. We bust our asses everyday.
    Protect yourself people! Be aware of your surroundings and if something doesn’t seem right make that call.
    Good news is that im getting a new flat today. That’s the wonderful of advantage of marrying the TV repairman
    Last edited by blue; 19-06-08 at 05:59 AM. Reason: bad spelling
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Oh, blue! That sucks! You must feel so violated right now. I hope that person wrecks that Rodeo on their way to fence all of your stuff.
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, I'd be fuming. When they catch the guy, if they do, be crafty in serving vigilante justice on top of what the law provides and don't get caught

Tone Guest
    blue that sucks!!

I do feel violated, I was trying to be tough cookie about it you know like oh I'm not going to let anyone frighten me but that all came crashing down yeterday in ethics class. The negativity that was laid on my shoulders it was horrible.

I feel better that I'm taking good steps to protect myself and my family.

What do you think about firearms? I am very hesitant but what if next time im under gun point?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

I think the likelihood of your own gun being used against you is something you should seriously consider, blue.

What about getting a couple of big dogs?
    Spammer Spanker

You know that the police did not take fingerprints? The officer stated that since most of the things touched wer wood and plastic that they cant get prints off that.

I was thinking of getting shepards. I have bee trying to steer from getting a dog because of time but maybe iits time to make time for one.

Damn girl. I'm so sorry. Holy crap Id be livid and want to kick those mofo asses. I'm using a shitload of profanity because I CAN! Honey, an alarm system is a great idea. Not too sure about the guns, Chris has them and I don't like the idea. But they're somewhere I have no idea. I hope they catch those bastards.

The one blessing is that you guys weren't home. Youre in my prayers!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Owning a gun is usually a good idea. I would recommend an AK47 because they never fail and the maintenance can't be any lower. Get that a couple of clips. I wouldn't keep it loaded, but the clip about half full and in a different spot than the gun. Unless you're like me and sleep with the door closed and locked, in which case they can be next to each other in your bedroom so you can pop some caps right away

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But yeah what Giga said. The best way to get rid of some random burglar is keeping a couple of big, mean looking dogs around the house

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm going to guess that your neighbor didn't catch the plates on that rodeo huh?

ironically we live next to an old man that loves to stare out his window and pick up on all the weird stuff that happens around out neighborhood. it's kinda scary in a good way you know.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Damn ... at least nothing happened to you physically!

Get yourself an iron gate ... forget sliding glass doors ... they suck.

I keep a bat nearby ... but I have a gate for my front door and iron bars around my windows ... so I doubt anyone would get in ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    bars... it looks tacky but those ****ers work.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Thank you all

For your compassion and support.

This world we live in is just getting tougher and tougher.

I just want to feel safe again and watch my surroundings.

Of course the neighbor didnt get a tag number that would have been great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast