+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Touching is it a sign?

Touching is it a sign?

Guys, I wanna know that if a guy friend touches you a lot does that mean he likes you?

I'm trying to see if a friend of mine likes me back...but often times he will bump into me when we are walking. Sometimes he will mess up my hair. When we are in the same room, we always end up sitting next to each other and when we do he will sometimes touch me with his elbow or arm. He also pokes me softly in my arm sometimes. When he's had a few to drink or when he's high, he'll touch me more often.

Is that what a guy will do to a girl when he likes her? or...is that normal to do with all girl friends?

It depends. I have a few friends that I have a "physical friendship" with. The kind of teasing around you've mentioned.

Generally though, yeah, it means he likes you.

Does he touch everybody?

I have my own personal space but if I decide I really like a woman then I get pretty close and touchy....I mean not in like public but alone.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I'm usually the only girl he's around lately. but I haven't noticed him touching any other girl or even showing interest in them

I mean, once he did openly hugs his other female friends when saying hi

He's never hugged me, but then again I've never tried to hug him either.

some people are just touchy...and physical.
    this is hard to determine because it's not necessarily flirting.

Yes, he likes you. Remember third grade, when a guy showed affection by punching you in the arm at recess? Guess this one just hasn't quite outgrown that phase. Women are emotional, and men are physical. You want us to touch your heart, and we want to touch ...well, let's just say, the area of your heart!!

Quote Originally Posted by love2bfree View Post
    Guys, I wanna know that if a guy friend touches you a lot does that mean he likes you?

I'm trying to see if a friend of mine likes me back...but often times he will bump into me when we are walking. Sometimes he will mess up my hair. When we are in the same room, we always end up sitting next to each other and when we do he will sometimes touch me with his elbow or arm. He also pokes me softly in my arm sometimes. When he's had a few to drink or when he's high, he'll touch me more often.

Is that what a guy will do to a girl when he likes her? or...is that normal to do with all girl friends?
    When I was single, I had female friends who I would flirt with (touching, tickling), but had no intention of dating. I told them up front that I am not looking to date them, but would still flirt. I would also flirt much the same with girls I liked, but was too afraid to ask, out of fear of rejection. Not too many girls got the hint.

Basically if a guy is doing it, and hasn't said he doesn't want to date you, then I'm sure he does.
    Introduction with vital information about me to consider when answering my posts. -> http://www.loveforum.net/introduce-yourself/41227-hey.html#post580561

touching = a sign of flirting. lol

Touching is usually a good sign. He may be checking for the development of warts, but I suspect that he just likes you