+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok guys, please help me, I don't want to mess this up

Ok guys, please help me, I don't want to mess this up

Three months ago I was on vacation and met a guy who lives in the city I was visiting. We spent a day together before he had to leave town,
    and I had a great time. The day before I was supposed to leave he called and asked if I could stay an extra few days, he was hoping to see me
    again before I left. I played a bit coy, but the next day I told him yes. We spent another great day together.

When I got home he started texting me regularly. Not daily, but regularly. I don't stalker-text, he initiated most of the conversations. Three weeks later I found out I would be in his area again for a few days about six weeks down the road. He was very excited when I told him. We escalated from texting to calling/texting, with him initiating the calls.

He offered to meet me at the airport. He was also very clear on his schedule ("I am tied up these days, but free those days so let's make plans").

In the meantime he had a lot of personal things come up that he had to deal with. I told him not to worry about me, just do what you need to do, and I meant it. I backed off and let him set the pace. When I got there he was swamped, but went out of his way to spend a lot of time with me. In fact, we ended up seeing each other every day even though our original arrangement was only for certain days. That was all him, I went out of my way not to pressure or guilt him.

I had a great time, and felt we really hit it off--lots of spontaneous, crazy conversations, midnight meals, and we discovered we have a lot more in common than we realized (random, weird hobbies, etc). When he dropped me off at the airport I gave him a big hug and kiss goodbye. As I turned to leave
    he literally scooped me back around and hugged me like he couldn't let me go. It was awesome. He really likes me, I can feel it, I saw it in his eyes. I'm not stupid, I know when a man is taken with me.

I got home and waited a day, then sent him a quick "hope you got some rest" text. We chatted for a minute. A few days later I followed up with a "You busy?" text and got no response.

I know I am not imagining the connection, this isn't my first rodeo, and there were too many signs that he genuinely likes me--questions about my life, comments on my looks and clothes, unexpected calls and invitations, and many other things.

I do know he is really slammed with stuff right now, and I don't want to freak him out by forcing communication, but it's been long enough that I'm wondering what the heck is going on? I'm crazy about this guy (and that doesn't happen often) and he genuinely seemed crazy about me.

A few more facts;
    -We did sleep together
    -He definitely isn't married or otherwise attached (I was at his apartment and snooped the closets and bathroom thoroughly, not even an extra toothbrush hidden under the sink. He also had no qualms being seen with me in public).
    -There is a bit of income disparity between us due to a personal tragedy he went through over the summer, but it didn't seem to be an issue (I also didn't flaunt it and let him be the dude whenever he offered).

What gives and what do I do? I don't get wrapped up like this over men, and I want to see him again very badly. It is hard for me to believe he just lost interest in me in a few days. I don't want to screw this up. Help?

So you sent one "you busy" text, and he hasn't answered it? How long's it been?

Send a follow up text, sometimes they get lost. Say something like "Hope everything's ok, I don't want to be a bother, but I haven't heard from you. Call me when you're free, please?"

yeah, it's been a few days, but I usually hear from him within an hour. I know I sound like a freak, just trying to figure out if this is normal "blowing me off" behavior or if I'm being paranoid and over analyzing. I'll shoot him another message like you suggest. I'm not good at the innerworkings of menfolk, and I don't want to look like a stalker or freak him out.
    Thanks

I once met a man who was holidaying where I live. We had a great connection and great kinky sex. Then he went home and we were sad to say goodbye. Next thing, he's expessing interest in long distance relationships and sending Valentines cards and I'm like WTF?? To this day, I have no idea why he even considered that I'd want to do a LDR.

Sometimes a holiday romance is just that.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 04-02-13 at 07:24 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Ya this is the thing, he may not want an LDR so he is distancing himself, and is afraid to tell you. You need to make a decision here. If you wish to start a relationship with him, one of you is going to have to relocate...if you want this bad enough it's going to have to be you.

It's hard to say, sometimes little things can turn you off of someone. It could be the distance or it could be something else and he hid it well as not to ruin the fun together and goodbye while you were visiting. Don't underestimate someone's ability to mask their true feelings if they're good at it. You may consider yourself a good 'guy reader', but it might have been off here. He may have been a better actor.

Sometimes an out of town fling is just that, and sometimes it's even better that way.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Distance is hardly a 'little thing'
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sometimes "he's into you" but just for as long as your departure date. What kind of a departing conversation did you have with him? Did you even ask if you'd be seeing one another soon or even again?

I think he was giving you a goodbye hug. I think he enjoyed your company and everything about you and had strong feelings but perhaps already knew that a LDR would not work. The only thing is he didn't tell you before he slept with you. Sorry, that's just what I suspect (looking on the dark-side of life in general right now tho so please forgive me).