+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Recent Break-Up, May See Him Tomorrow

Recent Break-Up, May See Him Tomorrow

I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday. x_x

Basically, I was feeling neglected by him. He'd often spend more time with other people, and it was like he was taking me for more than just granted? I tried talking to him more than a few times, and my friends have told me that I've put up with more than I should've of, and that I should have done this long ago. But I refused to listen to them until I could no longer ignore the fact that they were (in hindsight) right.

However, my problem lies that tomorrow is Valentines Day, but I have to go into school to attend some revision sessions. Theres a high possibility that I'll see him around during the day, and although I did break up with him, I still like him as much as I did when we started going out. Because although he didn't pay much attention to me, and did often choose other things over me, those times when we were alone and his concentration was on me were just amazing. I felt safe and comfortable, and I associate all those feelings with him. I'm worried that I could do something stupid or burst into tears in front of him. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on how I might be able to cope, and whether I should prepare myself for anything he might do/say.

Other Important Info:
    He 16, I'm 15 (16 in March, so we're in the same year).
    We're in the same friend groups so it'll probably be hard to avoid since he may want to talk to his friends, and I don't want to be alone right now.
    Theres no way of me getting out of going tomorrow.
    We made up on relatively good terms, as in "still friends", so he probably would come over and talk to me or something possibly. Maybe.

If you need any more clarification on anything, just ask.

Thankyou in advance for any help you give.

I went through something somewhat like that sort of. I'm 16 also btw. I broke up with my bf b/c i didn't love him any more and he was possesive and clingy. Well the thing is he is 1.immature (younger than me a little) and 2.not right emotionally (his dad died in October). Well when i broke up with him he tried to commit suicide but thankfully i got his best friend involved and we plus other people stopped him. Well, we, like you and your ex, were and are in the same "social circle". My best friend had got to be friends with him and then some of my guy friends were his friends. It was really hard to see him, it brought back so many memories and i didn't want to see him or talk to him and it made him ANGRY! I even got to the point of totally ignoring him, but it just doesn't work. My advice to you is not to ignore him, as hard as it is when you see him, force yourself to smile at him at the very least. It will work out best in the end, especially if you want to be friends with him.

Thanks. So smile at him. Be friendly if he does talk to me perhaps? Or should I just give short answers.

I should probably add that he was my first boyfriend, we'd been going out for a little over a year (like a few weeks over a year), so this is my first experience with splitting up with someone, so any basic advice would also be appreciated.

Yes i would be friendly but not over friendly. If you want to stay broke up with him then you need to be kind but don't do anything to make him think you still like him. Like, don't give him hopes you know? I understand that, it was my first bf and my first breakup. Its hard but truset me, you will find someone else. I just met someone, well i've known him for a while but we had our first date last night. And i need some advice on that too. Could you help me?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bah, just ignore 'em. It's usually a mistake to go out with somebody within your group of friends.