+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unattractive

Unattractive

I'm a 20 year old female... I have black hair, ivory skin, brown eyes and am flat-chested. I am thin also. I don't think I'm an ugly girl but have got to thinking. I haven't been asked out or even approached. I hear of girls being approached 5 times daily. I went to the mall recently with my little sister and there were tons of guys my age there and they looked at me and would walk on by. I felt invisible and ugly. I need input.

I guess its possible that is the, but going on you description I couldn't say anything either way. But being attractive is only half being noticed anyway, I would say the other is confidence. Walk with a purpose, keep your head held high, wear clothes that make you stand out rather than blend in, and smile.

The only way we can answer you is if you post a pic. You can pm me if you want. So far the qualities you have listed is perfectly fine.

Exactly, looks are only the half of it....personality is the secondary factor. As was said before, confidence. When you walk with confidence. It's like a new kind of energy is given off, and everyone takes notice immediately. Confidence is a very attractive thing. Don't put yourself down thinking your ugly, do people fancy me etc. Think positive things. Being positive will make you be a much happier and confident person who exubes confidence

you know you're not ugly. That's it. Some guys will find you cute and some won't. So stop thinking negatively of yourself too much. You don't need that. Guys like girls they can have a good time with not someone who doesn't think highly of herself. Just don't let other girls getting more attention bother you too much because you're gonna have some guys' attention all for yourself at some point. You're just 20. You're young. Have fun.
    Last edited by jb1111983; 04-04-11 at 03:02 AM.

I know how you feel. I have never been approached myself, so I know how much it sucks.

If you want to be approached in mall or similar situations, you probably should try making some eye contact and smile to guys. That should encourage guys to approach you, I know it would work on me. Have you tried approaching guys yourself?

You sound gorgeous. It's possible you're just not sending out the signs most guys need to feel safe and approach you.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Leoben is right. Guys will usually only approach in that situation if they get some kind of green light, like warm extended eye contact or a smile.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by jb1111983 View Post
    you know you're not ugly. That's it. Some guys will find you cute and some won't. So stop thinking negatively of yourself too much. You don't need that. Guys like girls they can have a good time with not someone who doesn't think highly of herself. Just don't let other girls getting more attention bother you too much because you're gonna have some guys' attention all for yourself at some point. You're just 20. You're young. Have fun.
    I agree. Everyone has a different preference. I mean, you're probably not going to think every guy that walks by is attractive so they might think the same about you. But that doesn't mean no one is ever going to approach you or think you're attractive. And just because a guy doesn't approach you, doesn't mean you're not attractive to them. Showing confidence, smiling, and wearing stuff that makes you stand out (not like a clown haha) will probably help to get you noticed.

I felt that way before....and I agree with some previous comments: it is all about confidence and being positive. When I was about 14 years old I had my first boyfriend, he made me feel pretty and it gave me so much confidence, other guy would look at me and try to chat me up. I broke up with him then I felt terrible and he started dating again, I started to feel sad and ugly, my friend were dating but I think I was looking so miserable and desperate, it was not attractive. I read that book called "la cle du bonheur" the Key of happiness and it was all about being positive, have you heard of that saying " smile and life will smile to you" well I wrote that on bathroom mirror and everything started changing (slowly), I was happier and people could tell...guys could tell and everything changed. Nobody is ugly ;O) ) be positive.....I hope it helps.

there are plenty of guys I've never noticed, who I've gotten to know and realised they had an awesome sense of humor/taste in music etc. and fallen in love with them. Don't worry about first impressions and being gorgeous. It's hard, but relax and trust in yourself. You're sooo young!

You can't have your self worth revolve around how many guys approach you. At the end of the day, it's how you view yourself.