+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Self Confidence hurting relationship?

Self Confidence hurting relationship?

I am 24 years old, decent looking guy, tall, athletic. and have been with my girlfriend for a couple months now, and she is absolutely gorgeous. Everything is great. But I have some self confidence issues, some of it stems from other relationships that I have been hurt in. I know my girlfriend is in love with me as she has wrote me some creative writings and always has me over all time. But its never enough.I dont know why. I always need her to tell me she loves me and be affectionate towards me. When she is not, I think something is wrong, over analyze it and needless to say it doesnt make me feel great and I feel like its starting to wear on her. She is the kind of girl that doesnt need to show affection or always be lovey dovey. Can anybody give me some advice to kick this? Because everything is really okay but part of me is always freaking out about something being wrong. And no this isnt some teenage relationship. this is a real serious relationship that very well could go a long while if I dont sabotage it, this is why im asking for some advice.

Also I think apart of it is I feel she is out of my league. If anybody wants I can post a pic of us together.

i want to see a pic!

You are just insecure - she is with you, wants to be with you, is in love with you. You need repetative therapy, alas if you ask a girl to constantly reassure you, most of the time they get a bit arsey with you.

As an alternative, look in the mirror once a day and repeat 'she loves me' a million times

Name:  22649_10100132710209494_2342418_59837462_4305445_n.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  l_2a1c728c77d94fafa0c54a4a76a41013.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  31.4 KB

Also here is a better pic of her by herself...
    Name:  n602436871_1105081_606.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  15.0 KB

you too look very alike same nose same face shape - i dont see her as any more attractive than you to be honest. She does have a better tan unless thats make-up.

and another thing...

she looks so happy with you!

stop panicking - you make a lovely couple.

Why thank you tufty. Im just a worrier I guess. She is the best girl I have ever had. I just need to stop nit picking and over analyzing everything she does or does not do. easier said than done though! haha! but once again I cannot express how much it means that you could give your advice on this. THANKS!

Oh yeah and she is defintley more tan than I am. some of it maybe make up but she is naturally darker and I am naturally whiter than a ghost! lol

i knew i was put here for a purpose - lol

hey i agree with tufty - i think you are both really attractive and make a good looking couple. I don't see her as out of your league, and I think that if she is writing for you and telling you she loves you, there's nothing to worry about.