+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hah...this is so not fair...

hah...this is so not fair...

why is the person who was dumped has to go through this emotional roller coaster and all the suffering, while the person who actually did the dumping live calmly and perhaps even found someone new and doesnt even care about the person that got dumped.
    I say that we should propose a new law... every time when a person is being dumped, the dumper is the one who will go through all the pain, suffering and the emotional rollercoaster while the dumpee (the person who actually got dumped) will have a nice life, worry free, and will forget about the dumper right after... it sounds very good to me, the person who would put up this law, would get my vote for sure

Would that be some kind of deterrent from ending relationships that aren't working? I've generally been the "dumper" in my past relationships. I haven't ever been super rotten about it, but yes, i did the breaking up.

Every single one of those relationships needed to end. I don't regret it at all.
    Spammer Spanker

well, then I say that you should be responsible for your action, you are dumping the person, that its your responsibility to have the pain and the suffering, unless the other person did something terrible wrong such as cheating or something like that.

I get into new relationships just to dump them and make up for my sorrowful formulative teen years where I was repeatedly dumped... sometimes like a relay baton amongst seedy binge drinking homecoming debutants the morning after.

This law of yours..

Does it allow for roll-over credit until the deficit is equalized?

I think breaking up with someone responsibly is the most that can be expected. Be straightforward, don't be cruel about it, don't badmouth him after it's over, etc.

Beyond that, nobody owes anybody anything.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are times when a couple isn't right together, and one of them comes to terms with it sooner than the other person does. They let go first, and therefore the other person ends up feeling pain.....yet they always both end up better for it in the end. I think in that case the person who did the dumping has taken a more mature stance, and it's the dumpee, the one in denial, who deserves the pain if they're immature enough to reject reality and wallow in it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

What i'm starting to realize is that you can only put so much into a relationship... In order to avoid feeling that pain and sorrow, you have to really stay your own individual and maintain your sense of self. Once you reach the point where the person you are dating is in control of whether you are happy or not, you've lost the battle and are setting yourself up for disaster. I lost my sense of self about 15 months ago, and i'm really on a painful journey of self discovery right now.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

i broke up with my gf, and I hurt everyday....currently in NC with her and everytime she calls me, which is eeryday and I dont answer, it hurts ME as well as her, everytime. Did I mention we're doing all this in order to come back together at some point? It's neer easy nio matter the case, I've discovered this is just the nature of break ups and broken hearts and there's no getting around it in life.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    i broke up with my gf, and I hurt everyday....currently in NC with her and everytime she calls me, which is eeryday and I dont answer, it hurts ME as well as her, everytime. Did I mention we're doing all this in order to come back together at some point? It's neer easy nio matter the case, I've discovered this is just the nature of break ups and broken hearts and there's no getting around it in life.
    She calls you every day eh? How do you know what it's about if you don't answer it?

And yeah, it's important to keep your logic and wits about you. This really helps you get through everything.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.