+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend cant stop thinking of me as a friend

My girlfriend cant stop thinking of me as a friend

Hello all!

I am new to this site and need help!
    little background! I have know my girlfriend for almost a year now! but just in the past month we have started dating! It's going great, we hang out alot we enjoy eachothers company and make eachother laugh! Well just last night my gf told me ever since we started dating she has been trying to think of me as her bf and not just a friend! Its been killin her! I sorta had a feeling somthing was wrong.. she was a bit distant and not realy lovy dovy! She told me she is mentaly and physicaly attracted to me but just not saexualy! for example: she says when i kiss her she cant think of it as he bf kissing her , she keeps thinking of me as her friend. We havnt had sex yet ( i personaly dont want to have sex until i have fallen inlove with her) but we mess around and she just cant get into it!
    Im thinking that it is just a bump in the raod and we will get past it! i also think it might be to early to think like this bc she has known me as a friend for almost a yr and only as a bf for a month!
    I realy dont want to loose her and she doesnt want to loose me...
    (side note: this is the first time she has dating a guy who was friends w her first... sooo that might have somthing to do with it)
    What should i do?? please help!!

It's incredibly hard to make a shift from "friend" to "relationship," if she doesn't see you that way-- just like it would be to shift from "relationship" to "just friends."

Honestly, there's not a whole lot you can do-- she's either attracted to you sexually or she's not. You can't really do certain things to make her view you in that light, it's either a she does or she doesn't type of thing.

do you think she could c me in more of a bf eye in time?

Quote Originally Posted by issapizza View Post
    do you think she could c me in more of a bf eye in time?
    In my personal opinion?

No.

It's either there or it's not-- no amount of time is going to change that.

If she sees you as just a friend.. then.. you're just a friend. You can have a great emotional connection, but that's not a relationship.. a relationship includes physical aspects.

This is the exact reason I find it strange when people say they "sexed" their friend of the opposite sex. It may be possible for me if I were sexually interested in him throughout the friendship but usually if he is my friend, especially for a year, that's all he would be to me. There's a good chance he went to the brother-like category. If that happens, there will never be a romance potential.

I do have romance that I would consider best friends but friendship and romance have to happen at the same time.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe