+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women are a Piece of Work

Women are a Piece of Work

Get this one. A co-worker's client is pursuing me. Wants me to meet for non-business lunches. I told her, nah, can't do that. I told (emailed) her that she's a client of the firm and I can only meet her for business purposes at my place of work. Odds are that won't happen because she's not my client...so coast is clear, right?

No.

I had to give a talk today at a local business association. She's a member. The woman is totally insatiable. She corners me in the hallway and says she wasn't offended by the email, but that she was mystified because "You are a total tease!" Huh? I think the fact that I am saying "no" makes me a challenge in her little pursuit.

She asked if I work on the weekends. I said, no. Her response, "Well, maybe if you could meet with me at your office over the weekend?" Answer, "No." Her response with a coy smile, "You are difficult, aren't you?!" She asked, "What if I ran into you in Starbuck's? Could I stop and have coffee with you?" I said, "Well, I'm kind of invisible in town, it wouldn't happen." Again, the coy smile, "Oh, I see..."

Through all of this, I have my hands in my pockets to avoid any accusations. Meanwhile, she's using every excuse to squeeze my arm or touch me.

Oh, did I mention that one of her relatives is one of the most prominent ministers in town--he runs some mega-church? I didn't think minister's daughters were on the prowl. I'm running for my life.

Minister's daughters, also known as PK's (pastor's kids) are notorious for being repressed little hellions.

You're right to run screaming for your life, in any case.

And they say that men are the only one's who can turn "no" into "yes, baby" ...

I would notify your supervisor of this woman's advances towards you. If she's this crazy now, imagine how she'll be after she's tired of being rejected by you.

Maybe she says you are a tease because you didn't actually tell her that you don't find her atractive, or that she isn't your type? Maybe in her mind you just won't go out with her because of work, who knows. Try telling her that, but run for your life anyway

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the children of clergy are no different than the children of non-clergy. Why should they be?

Why don't you want to date her?

well, she seems like a lot of work. Are you that cute??

And yeah, why dont ou want to date her?
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

I don't know if I'm "that cute" (as you put it). I work out every day, I have my hair, most people think that I'm in my early 30's when I'm actually in my early 40's, I'm kind of at the top of my game professionally.

Why don't I want to date her? She is in her mid-20's, very smart (several college degrees), owns a business. Physically, a bit curvy, but I think 90 percent of her fat goes into her breasts, which are enormous.

Okay, so those are things that should please every guy...brains, breasts, business...right?

But, SHE A CLIENT OF THE FIRM....so that's why I'm very very leery. Since I'm the "Boy Scout" at work, they'd probably make an example out of me and I really would prefer to avoid trouble.

Exactly, this is an ethics matter so he can't start dating her.

I'm with Neo, tell your supervisor/hr rep/legal dept. CYA on this one.

You're a kook magnet, CAM.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You're a kook magnet, CAM.
    Don't I know it. Reason #1 to never get into another relationship. Apparently, the only girls interested are weirdos. And yet, I am not weird.

I'm reclusive. I'm smart and funny (so I'm told). I dress nice. I live a decent life. I'm polite. I pay my bills on time. I don't take drugs, am not a sex fiend, don't have an alcohol problem. Muscular and trim.

I don't ask anything of others and don't expect anything either.

Those qualities must be the mating call to the female weirdo.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^you sound like your advertising yourself
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

holy lourd she is very forward.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    ^^you sound like your advertising yourself
    No, just responding to Giga's comment.

I think being in a "green industry" area and doing occasional public talks...well, the "progressive-minded" young women of today think that means that guys working in that field are just naturally all organic, soft, squishy, and just sooo "cool." Plus, I'm probably not like her dad who is likely to be the uptight right-leaning minister.

Know what? It is just a job. That's all. It is the woman who is confusing my role with me as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I'm reclusive. I'm smart and funny (so I'm told). I dress nice. I live a decent life. I'm polite. I pay my bills on time. I don't take drugs, am not a sex fiend, don't have an alcohol problem. Muscular and trim.
    That's a shame. I wish there were more sex fiends in the world.

Maybe you're just terribly rusty.
    Spammer Spanker

Women sleep with their clients all the time. In some jobs it is an unwritten requirement to sleep with clients or potential clients if you are a woman who is attractive. That is what they are hired for.

Men are different they can easily be charged with sexual harrassment and fired. So you cannot mess around on the job at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast