+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean from my ex?

What does this mean from my ex?

Anyway to make a long story short. I go to grad school a few hrs. away. I have my own place there. My base of operations in my home town is my mom's place (where I met my ex, she lives across the st.). In town for the wknd and being seperated fror a few weeks now I get a call last Saturday night asking me if I would like to come over for some pasta. I said ok and did so. I was in the next town over and was at her place in 20 minutes. She asked me if I was on a date and I told her no (and I wasnt...I was getting out of the movies with some friends when she called) I met her friend who was staying for the wknd. My ex couldnt stop complementing me on my looks and would give me occasional kisses. She told me how she talked on and on to her friend about me. She even told her friend that I broke up with her. I then told her it was the other way around (which it was) Anyway her friend went to bed. After doing so we sat on her couch together where she asked if I could give her a foot massage. I did. Then seeing how she was cold we cuddled and kissed some. We talked about the breakup (which we never really did in any length afterward). We gave our apologies and I thought we reconciled (she said she was giving me a second chance) She said we could maybe go pick out a pumpkin the next day but then decided we couldn't. She and her friend would be busy. After some time I left and we kissed and said we couldnt do anything at all the next day but would say goodbye before I went back to grad school that day.

The next day I go and get her a pumpkin and meet her around 5 0'clock as she is doing yard work at her house. We talk briefly and she tells me "we are just friends, right?" "All I need is a good friend now". I dont think I said yes or no and said goodbye for the wknd.

I saw her about an hour later as I was packing up stuff in my car and she met me and asked if I was happy. Odd question, I asked her what she meant. She asked if I was happy at grad school. She asked if things were getting better (I told her during my first wk at grad school, when we were still going out, that I was unhappy that first wk) I told her I guess they were. She told me goodbye again. She went in for a hug but I smuggled a kiss in there. I then left.

What does all this mean? Why change around who broke up with who? Why be affectionate but then the next day tell me we are just friends? Why ask me if I am happy?

She was drinking a bit when I saw her the Saturday night..perhaps that was it right there.

I do want to get back with her. And I do love her. It hurts like hell to go back to mom's place and be able to see and her house so clearly across the way. And me not with her. And what should I do to get back with her? All of the above, is that some sort of indication she is conflicted? I felt like saying to her when she told me about being friends. "What about my second chance?" I had invited her earlier this week to come over and enjoy a meal cooked by me (at my moms place). She declined and said she was going out with people from work..or something like that. So I decided to just stay at grad school for the wknd. And part of me feels I need to be persistent with her to get her back. Almost every date I had to ask her out on. Every contact (or almost every..maybe 95% of them) I initiated. If I called or texted (we had a short convo by text almost evey day) I initiated. When we first started going out after maybe 3 weeks she told me we should just be friends. But I did the opposite of what most say. Instead of playing silent I kept on asking her out (on the guise of being friends) but when we did finally go out we had a blast and she started telling everybody in the retaurant I was her bf. We were back on at that point.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by goliath; 22-10-10 at 11:19 AM.

okay man shes playing with your head...see its a respect thing...do you want to get back with her? if so do this...stop the calling and the texting..switch it up do things another way...act like it doesn,t matter if you get back togather with her let her know with your actions that you have a life also that may not include her..with this you will know where her head is with getting back togather with you..women like men that are stong...you seem like a good guy but man up and get that respect

indeed, playing with your head. games of power and control using sex(lust/love) as a weapon. Its quite normal for women to behave, in what might seem quite an irrational contradictory way. Half the time they're not sure what they want. if you're serious about a another relationship with this girl and want that relationship to with less problems then it would be a good idea to change the dynamics of the present relationship and that means like not initiating 95% of contact. If you enter into a relationship from how the situation is at present, then it will be far more likely fail, sooner rather than later