+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What going on in our heads?

What going on in our heads?

Hi. I had been with my ex-girlfriend for nearly 2 years when I told her I didnt know how I was feeling about everything in the world, including her. We had very much been in love up until that point. The reason I said that which I didnt know at the time was that I was very stressed with my parents nearing divorce and job and exam prospects and I felt I couldn't talk to anyone about these. She was devestated.
    After 2 weeks I had realised something was wrong with me and seeked help in form of a counciller. By this time I realised I still loved her and was desperate to get her back. She was still v. angry n hurt.
    We saw each other on the 3rd week and I tired talking to her but she was still angry and upset. I left her that day saying that I still had feelings for her but she told me she was not in love but she still cared a lot for me. Later that day she told me how much she was sorry for being angry with me.
    We didnt have any contact for a few days, but she told my friends that she desprately missed me and did not want to see with another woman. After being told this we decided to meet. We met in a park and after a bit of light talking we cuddled and ended up walking her bk to her house hand in hand. I took this as a gud sign n we started talking some more, but she still sed she wanted to b friends and nothing more.
    Over the next few days I thought we was making progress, but all of a sudden she sed that perhaps we shouldn't bother being friends and just never see each other again. This really hurt me as I had got my hopes built up, and I was very angry. She said she realised she shot herself doing that.
    The next night she said she was willing to talk about what she wanted, but when I talked it must have come out as I wanted all or nothing. To which case she said nothing because she did not want to get back with me. In the morning I rang her and just felt numb but wanted to sort things out. We've both said we were like best friends. Just before she said perhaps we shouldn't bother being friends again I thought I was in love with her again, now I don't know what I am and she just wants to be close friends she tells me! Whats going on in our heads? Have I ruined the best relationship ever by not talking to someone? Can we be best friends and return to lovers later?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know what, Im in the middle of a breakup with someone I loved very much, and I can tell you, my emotions towards him and our relationship change DAILY. It comes with being hurt. Some days Im like 'Its ok if we're just friends as long as I get to see you', another day its 'I can't see you at all, it hurts too much', and another day its like 'Im still in love with you, come back to me!' I can't tell you what the outcome of your actions are going to be, its different with every couple, but I can tell you to expect constantly changing emotions towards your relationship from her, she IS the one who had her heart broken after all.

after des left me I went thru alot of different changes too - one minute I wanted her back - the next minute I hated her - the next minute I just wanted to talk to her as friends - the next I just wanted to **** her and not say one word --- things DO change in time - and I have learned that time DOES heal all... It has been a shorter amount of time for me than I was expecting - but I am totally over her and I hardly ever think of her anymore - hehe - and when I DO see her I feel nothing -- this might be because she had a new b/f already - it might be because I was trying to get back with robin - it might be alot of things - but how the **** cares - lol - just move on and start to do other things - she will slowly start to leave your mind - and then after she is out of your mind she will be out of your heart - just move on - suscitatio novus anima (awaken a new life)

Yes, but for a month I always wanted her back, but I also wanted to be sure I was totally in love with her. She did fancy someone else but she said it was only a little crush and nothing like she had for me but he doesn't think of her that way. Other people have approached me and her but we have both said no. Last week she was sayin how much it hurt her to see me with another woman, now she says it wouldnt bother her at all. I felt like was in love with her until she said she'd pefer nothing. Is there anyway I can rekindle our passion at all? Im going to meet her this week and im confused because I want to heal ourselves and cuddle like we did in the park but I want her to want it to! She also invited me around her house again and say her parents always ask about me. Is this just best friend intentions? I really want to be with her again, i want her to love me again. She told me also that at the time I broke up with her that she would have done anything to me and she loved me more than anything. Is it possible we can love again? I dont want to move on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tatsumaru79
    ...I felt like was in love with her until she said she'd pefer nothing...I dont want to move on yet...
    Move on dude - she has --- even if you two were to get back together, it would not be the same. It never will. Trust me on that one.

Yeah but We've done this before, althought before it was only for 2days and it got so much better! I dont want to move on yet again. Can anyone give me advice on how to try and get her back and keep my options open?